Ever since I was little(apparently)I had a bump right above my belly-button. When I was smaller I asked what it was. I didn't remember what she said. Then I got scared not knowing what it was, so I asked my mom(this was 5 yrs later) what it was. She said it was a hernia. What is that, and what does it do? Please help me I'm freaking out!
P.S. It does not hurt, and I can push it in and about half of a day later it goes back out.
P.P.S. It is about the size of those tiny bouncy balls that cost like 25 cents.

Have you asked you mother how did you get this hernia? Hernia is bump that is usually located somewhere on your stomach, it can be different in size or it can be painful. Hernias form when a layer of muscles on your stomach that stands between skin and internal organs for some reason becomes weak and allows that a part of internal tissue to come forward and that’s what stretches skin and creates a bump. Have any doctor ever noticed that you have it? Reasons why a muscle becomes weak are, in most cases, lifting heavy weight, or softening of the scar tissue after surgery.