I am 23 yrs old. when I was 10 I first noticed a lump under my chin, between my jaw bone and tongue about the size of a marble. I do have asthma, which I know can have an effect on it. Over the years I have asked doctors about it and they have always told me it is a swollen lymphoid. For the most part it is painless, once in a while it will hurt a little. It just seems funny that it has been swollen for 13 years. Should I be concerned about it? All the doctors don't seem to be so far.

hey, i've actually got one too. I've been doing some reading and asking my medical doctor and its possible that they become benin and stay in the position they are in (size/shape etc)

Hallo,
Usually lumps under your chins are swollen lymph nodes which tend to get enlarged only when you have some kind of an infection in your body or they are exposed to some trauma. However this condition of yours last for ten years. Why didn’t your parents take you to see a doctor during these ten years? If this is lymphoid I think that you might be able to drain it so the swelling is gone. Has any of your doctors suggest this as an option? I think that asthma doesn’t have to do anything with your lump under your chin. Have you tried to use any creams for the lump or maybe to take some antibiotics? You should consider another visit to the doctor.