About six or seven months ago I started suffering from constipation. I changed several doctors, used all kinds of drugs, but the improvement was really not worth mentioning. My latest doctor suggested natural remedies and he mentioned ground flax seed. He said that it would do miracles for my digestion tract and that some components of flax seed should have a positive effect on my heart (I was diagnosed with hypertension). I’m a bit skeptical - if all those pills failed, how can flax seed help me? Any positive experiences with ground flax seed?

Believe me, your doctor is so right. I started using flax seed about a year ago and it completely changed my life. At first it tasted a bit awkward, but I got used to it. Now I use it every day (in salads, or I buy bread and cereals that contain flax), 25 - 30 g is enough. Flax seed is actually rich in fiber, and some researches proved that food rich in fiber prevents heart diseases (apart from doing marvellous job for your bowels) and can also lower cholesterol level in your organism. You should always buy the whole seeds and grind them before your meal and you must also follow carefully the instructions for the storage. So don’t hesitate, include ground flax seed in your diet.