Hi guys! I have been working out for 6 months now. It feels great and I am satisfied with my achievement so far but I also decided to build up some more muscles, and the guys from the gym recommended whey protein shakes. I bought them but after just 3 days of using them, I started having very often bowel movements….the waste was not so solid, if you know what I mean. It feels stupid to ask the guys at the gym, I really wouldn’t want to be a laughing stock there, so I am asking if any of you had similar experience with whey protein shakes.

Hi mate! Just after first meal with whey protein shakes I developed awful gasses that have been bothering me the whole day that I couldn’t even go to the gym. The smell was disastrous. And diarrhea as well. I am glad I ran into your post because I thought I was the only one, nobody else complained about the shakes, so I felt really funny about this strange BM.

hart wrote:

[ :) I GET THIS sh**s WHEN I DRINK WHEY PROTEIN AND IM A WOMEN. I KNOW WHAT YOUR GOING THROUGH./quote]

yup i know what u mean as well...it seems like within minutes after u drink whey ur on the toilet pushing it out ..i think its a waste of money invest in another protein drink

After eating whey protein bars for a few days I developed blood in my stool. I have had burning pain in my stomach, gas, bloating, blood and muscus in my stool. After 3 months I am still experiencing these problems. I have had a colonscopy and a upper GI series which were both negative. I am scheduled for an endoscopy next week. Hopefully, it will reveal the problem.

Hi guys,
I just experience a couple of times a terrible pancreatitis the last one I stayed in the hospital for 4 days with no food and no water, it was terrible, I lost 30 pounds in 2 years, you what it means for a bodybuilder, I stop drinkink whey protein but now I have to be very careful with the food I eat. Please be careful about supplements. I am just 28 and I know about a bodybuilder of 26 using supplements and steroids got a pancreatitis and he died in a couple of days. That is why I am a little worried, pancreatitis is a very dangerous dissease

I started finding blood in my stool ever since I took whey protein shake + lactaid (I am lactose intolerant so it helps break down the lactose).

I have stopped taking the protein period and hope that the problem will go away.

Has anyone experienced this before and should I be concerned about it?

Thanks

A lot of people are allergic to whey products. Most people shouldn't have problems using this protein shake, I personally love it.

"After eating whey protein bars for a few days I developed blood in my
stool. I have had burning pain in my stomach, gas, bloating, blood and muscus in my stool. After 3 months I am still experiencing these problems. I have had a colonscopy and a upper GI series which were both negative. I am scheduled for an endoscopy next week. Hopefully, it will reveal the problem."

I am having the EXACT same problems after drinking whey shakes. You ever find what the problem was?

I've actually had some pretty terrible reactions to particular Whey Protein shakes myself. From what I can tell certain people's bodies just don't agree with certain brands of shakes. Experiment a little, I bought a 10lb container of protein and had to finish it before I switched brands...

same thing happened to me, i was instructed to stop taking the protein. Which I did so. The problem cleared up, however, stupidly I started again and the same problem aroused once more but worse. So once Again i am stopping for good. The whey protein does not agree with everyone it seems, possibly due to lactose intolerance im soposing.

I've never liked milk, so I haven't been drinking it consistently all my life. I started a whey based protein shake dinner and the exact same bleeding happened to me.

Whey Protein contains milk extracted proteins that people are allergic to and can cause many stomach pains/cramps. Get an allergy test from your doctor or Holland and Barret

I am lactose intolerant and I get the runs after a shake because it contains lactaid. I just try to power through it. haha. You can also try taking a Iso whey protein. Contains less lactaid and is easier on the stomach. I used to do that and I didn't have problems. I am just not on it anymore because I was told Iso whey build lean muscle. Not my intentions. Hope that helps...or is atleast some sort of correct info.

Hi Guys

I've been pumping iron for about 1-2 years now. I am very happy with my results thus far. However, i have to agree with you all, that protein suppliments (I USE MUSASHI) had been causing very strange things in my bowls. First of all, i'm getting non stop churning in the lower bowels and a few minutes after i have a protein shake i run for the toilet.

My Stool is often loose and sometimes liquid, and when i'm on the throne the c**p gets almost shot out. To me it seems like an allergic reaction. I've been to the doctors and had my liver, pancreas, and bowels checked out and they all seemed okay.

Some of the companies that manufacture these suppliments really need to be investigated; who knows what c**p (pardon the pun) they put into these suppliments.

I've started replacing the protein with a lot of tuna and chicken. I haven't noticed too much change yet, but i will let you know how i'm going.