Hi, I am wearing a holter monitor for 3 days, now, to diagnose my condition, since my heart speeds up enormously after eating. I definately suffer from tachycardia. My ranges after eat are 120-150 bpm. What could be the reason?

Your doctor will have to do some more researches to find out is it sinus (originating from sinus) or non-sinus tachycardia. If the symptoms are not exposing your life to danger, maybe no treatment will be used at all. Or if it is something more disturbing and unpleasant, certain medications like beta-blockers or antiarythmics could be used. In some patients even pacemaker is surgically inserted, if existing sinus does not create regular beats. This condition is not life threatening and patients should expect normal life length. Anyway, precaution is always necessary, since if not treated any condition can go worse.

I have had several episodes that sound similar. Sometimes, after eating a meal, large or small, my heart races, I start to sweat, and I feel weak. This starts within about a half hour after eating and continues for maybe 3 hours. I recently went to the hospital twice because of severe episodes. My doctor, the emergency room doctors, a cardiologist, and a gastroenterologist have performed many tests, but can find nothing wrong with me. My doctor suggests that it's caused by anxiety, but I know that this is not the case.

I've read several cases on the internet that sound exactly like this. Many of these individuals link food additives like MSG to their conditions.

I was just researching this because, for the last 4 days especially, my heart races, and skips a beat after about 4 or 5 beats, then comes back strong. I also went to the emergency room for it twice. Also had a stress test and holter for a day. On the stree test, I could say when it was going to skip just before it showed and came, I feel the pressure build. They all tell me it benign?, but It's scarey to me. It's a slow torture, and I am going crazy. I never noticed it in my life until, at 52, I tried taking One-A-days, that's when I first notoced it. I stopped them, but recently, they came back, and seem to get stronger and more consistant. I've had anxiety for a LONG time, with panic attacks, but this is a new level of torture. I am a prisoner. I wish I could figure it out. I don't know if just aging, or a food allergy (I don't trust them and thier millions of chemicals), anxiety, messed up electrical signals from years of trying different meds, something else? But it's a pain, and when out of site, out of mind, so docs, don't really care. I don;t know how much more of this torture I can take.

I am only 31 and suffer from these symptoms, and have been for quite awhile. To the guest who has said "I don't know how much longer i can take it", just try the simple things like, eliminating "All" fast food, do not "ever" overfeed yourself, try not to yell as much, and try not to stress yourself about easily fixed problems, if anyone would like to talk to someone else with this condition

Hi there, I think that's pretty helpful advice but sometimes people just have to vent, and I think that's what this forum helps provide, although yeah, I think some people should use it a little more productively. I'm sorry to hear that you are suffering from similar symptoms though :(

I had a hartbeat after full meal for almost last three years, I went different doctors and didnot find cure so , I changed what I eat every day, so I stoped EATING OR DRINKING all cafine products like coca cola fanta ,sprite, chocolate, all alcohol, tea and all fat meals and I started drinking low fat milk after small meals three times a day since I strated these so if you want these dait will help you.

My symptoms: rapid heart beat, chest discomfort, fatigue, possibly diarrhea
age: 28

I had this issue for years. Eventually I narrowed it down to an egg white "allergy". Since egg hides in everything, it's no wonder it took so long. Unfortunately, after a stomach bug, my gut is more sensitive for a few weeks and any largish meal will set it off as well.

Note: adult egg allergies are usually technically allergies and will not show up on skin tests. The egg white releases histamine from the gut directly.

I am a 18 year old female. And have been suffering with the same symptoms, about 5 months ago I went to the ER for a racing heartbeat, which fluxuated between(120-160)which lasted for about 4 hours. I was sent home beacause there was nothing life threatining. Over the next 2 weeks I went to the ER 4 times. I had a racing heart, numbness in fingers and face, shortness of breath and lightheadness.of course I thought I was having a heart attack, which would be rare since Im 18. Ive had numerous tests done including, EKGs, Chest X-rays, MRIs, Oltra sounds of the major arteries to check for blood clots, as well as one of my abdoman. Everything came back normal and the told me I may have been suffering from panic atacks and may have a anxiety disorder.(But who wouldnt panic when their heart feels like its going to explode, it wasnt me panicing that made my heart race. it was my heart racing that made me panic) ANyway since im not stubbord, I have begun seeing a counseler even though I dont beleieve this diagnosis. Mostly beacause all of these "episodes" happened when I was calm and relaxing. I was put on a hert moniter for a week and although I have not followed up with the cardiologist I suspect it will come back normal as well. Thankfullly my heart has stopped racing but I have been diagnosed with acid reflux, which is odd beacuse I dont not eat unhealthy. I feel short of breath and lightheaded after eating, and have constant muscle tightness in my chest and shoulders. I have been on muliple GERD medicatioms and am currently taking Zegrid. They have a helped with the heartburn, gas, and the burping up food but do nothing for the shotness of breath and dizzyness. I have cut off all fatty, greasy, and fried foods, caffeine and most sweets and Im hoping that will help. I have been researching topic this and have found quite a bit of people who experience the same symptoms and there must be a cause, therefore a cure. If anyone has any usefull information please let me know. I dont think I can deal with this for the rest of my life. Im in constant fear that my heart will go loco on me again.

Im 28 years old.... gosh already... anyway... this has been going on for a while too with me... now its come to these symptoms like 3 times a week. After eating, about 30 mins, i feel my heart rate speed up... i start to sweat and then the feeling of dizzyness and weakness arrive. Soon after I have Diarreha ... it ranges from loose, dark brown water, to just clear fluid with stool in it. Im sick for a few hours b4 it passes... does anyone have ANY clue as to wha this might be?? :-(

Whoa, thats just like me... maby thats all this is??

These are my symptoms as well. After eating, usually 30-45 minutes after I get a racing heart, severe fatigue, diahrea, chest discomfort and anxiety. It doesn't happen everytime I eat, but usually after I eat quickly, or a fatty, salty meal. I've have to go to the ER a couple times. I was diagnosed with SVT a while back and Dr's just tell me its that. I take a beta blocker. I hate it though. I can't function normally after I eat. This can last up to 8 hours. It's terrible. I think I have an allergy. I'm sulfite 'sensitive' so maybe it's just hidden sulfites in the food. I don't know. It is driving me crazy though. I'll feel fine for weeks and then I'll have weeks that everyday I feel like this. So weak and tired I think I might fall alseep and never wake.

If anyone gets a actual diagnosis let me know. Seems like most of the Doctors I've seen have just passed it off as anxiety. Ha. You'd be a little anxious too if your heart races to 170 after eating too.

I've done everything. Change of diet, no caffiene, no alcohol, low sodium, no meat, no soy, no wheat, low carb, working out, meditation etc. Seems to get better for a while, then the symptoms always return. I've found staying hydrated really does help. But I struggle with this. I'm constantly dehydrated no matter how much I drink. I don't sweat all the time so I don't know where I'm losing all this fluid.....

I'm almost 26. 5'5 120lbs. I was also diagnosed and then undiagnosed with hypertension. Seems to go along with these symptoms. my BP spikes the days I get the tachy. It'll be around 100/60-115/75 most days then BAM 150/90.
This has been happening for 5 years now. I did have kidney disease, but surgery 'corrected it' when I was 18. Maybe it's connected. Man, I was really looking forward to a little bit of life without health problems..... suppose I got a couple years lol

well i can't help but think that if some doctor just focused on this, he/she could help a WHOLE lot of people.
i am 46 and have the same issues (racing heart, sweats, dizziness...and sometimes the feeling that im going to either vomit or pass out) after eating a meal; especially dinner.
i have been to the emerg room (thinking it was a heart attack) and, of course, they thought i was just stressed or looking for attention. Both of which could NOT be further from the truth.
I am not sure if doctors have no idea, or just no desire to figure it out. either way though, it is frustrating.

It seems to me that it has something to do with Diabetes or the pancreas (but what do i know).
Here is what i DO know though...
If i eat my last meal no later than 4 ( and it's not too big), i am generally fine.
If i eat small portions throughout the day, and stay away from sugar, I am fine.
i will also say that i feel best when i eat oatmeal, fruit, nuts and veggies....

That said, when i am out with friends and i have what would be a 'normal' meal for most people, i feel like i am going to die about 45 minutes later....and this is clearly NOT normal.
My last episode had my limbs numb and i eventually passed out. i would like to get this solved, but the fact that no particular test seems to indicate anything, means that doctors don't seem to care...or have the desire to figure it out.

I'm 22 and I have the same heart beating out of my chest issue about20-30 minutes after I eat. My breathing get shallow and I feel pressure on my right side of my chest more than my left. If its bad I get shaky.

I've lived on an "eat clean" diet for two years now and this has shown up in the last few weeks. No preservatives, lots of fresh veggies and all the meat I eat is raised locally (thank goodness for living in Kansas! lol) I haven't had fast food in over two years. I don't have the crazy high carb/ sugar or high fat diet others are saying to avoid and I still have this issue. I'm a 5'7, 145lb female that spends 3-4 hours on a exercise bike a week. I keep a 1500-1600 calorie diet. I'm healthy!

I am a hyper reactive glycemic, I produce too much insulin if I eat too much sugar or carbs without a slower digested food with it but I've checked my blood sugar when this happens and its usually from 100-115. I've been stuck and tested to see what causes my blood sugar issues with NO RESULTS. I'm reluctant to go back into the weeks of test (and if you've ever done a glucose test you know how much fun starving and then being poked is).

BLAH - Looks like know one knows whats going on.

i was lookinmg around because i thought hey maybe my weight has something to do with my sudden heart racing that feels so uneasy that i want to cry, basically i feel like my heart will ripp out of my chest thats how horrible i been feeling i thought Lyrica was the route of this, however i think i may be WAYYYYYYYYYYYY off. therefore i am left helpless and not knowing what this feeling could be.