I am 17 years old and my doctor sad that I have cardiomyopothy. Tell me more info about it….. Please reply

Cardiomyopothy is a serious disease in which the heart muscle becomes inflamed and doesn't work as well as it should. There may be multiple causes including viral infections. There are three main types of cardiomyopothy -- dilated, hypertrophic and restrictive.

In hypertrophic cardiopothy the muscle mass of the left ventricle is enlarged.
In dilated form, heart cavity is enlarged and stretched -cardiac dilation., and on the restrictive myocardium (heart muscle) of the ventricles becomes rigid, so it's harder for the ventricles to fill with blood between heartbeats.

I have had cardiomyopothy but in recent years, i have made a full recovery

Iam 21 years old and also found out I have cariomyopothy. Could you write

back and let me know how serious yours is?? I recently had a MRI so my

specialist could see the damage and the results were not at all what I was expecting. Online every site says such negative things but I was told even though I have alot of pain and dizziness, shortness of breath that I have no restrictions yet. Ive probley had it for about 18 months and found out 3 weeks ago. Obiously it isnt progressing as fast as they state it does...

How long have you had it??

How bad is yours??

What are your restrictions??

What are your symptoms?? Only 70,000 americans get cardiomyopothy so iam kinda intrested how someone almost the same ahe as me feels??