Hey there.

My friend’s wife was diagnosed with single ventricle heart defect. I don’t know a lot of people with this defect, so I did some research about it. I don’t know why, maybe because I am curious and I want to find out as much as I can about heart diseases.

So, I saw a few articles that are really confusing for me. I was surprised about it, especially because I couldn’t find anything about how can doctors diagnose which single ventricle heart defect you have.

Do you guys know anything about it?

I don’t think that it is a good idea to ask my friend about it…

Good day. For doctors is not that hard to diagnose which single ventricle heart defect you have. They just need to do some tests. When they diagnose it, it is going to be much easier to cope with this ugly disease. But trust me, they will need a lot of time and tests before they determine what the cause is and which problem affects you. I remember that one my neighbors did tests for almost two weeks. When I asked her what she has done, which tests, she told me – everything. I don’t know what everything means, but I guess that there are so many of them.

Good day all. My kid has this problem and it was diagnosed very easily. My doctor told me that the normally the heart has two pumping chambers or ventricles that serve as the heart’s pumping chambers. Well, the right ventricle normally pumps blue blood, and that is blood that is without oxygen out of the heart through the pulmonary artery to the lungs for oxygen. The left ventricle normally plumps red blood with oxygen that goes through the aorta.
That is why they can determine and diagnose it easily. I don’t believe that they need so much time to find out this :/

Hello everyone.

I am very sorry to hear this. My friend’s kid is also diagnosed with single ventricle heart defect and I was always wondering the same question that you have asked – how someone can diagnose it. I asked my friend about this and she told me that doctor can do this just by listening someone's heart. That is a little unbelievable for me and since I don’t know nothing about it, I trusted her.

I asked her which defect her kid has and she didn’t know what to tell me.

That is why this disease is a bit strange to me…

Hey there everyone.

I think that the most important thing is that I do believe your friend’s wife is going to be ok. I know this because my friend has this diagnose as well and she was diagnosed almost three years ago. Since that day, she didn’t have any big problems at all and that is all because she is disciplined and she is taking medicines that doctors told her to use.

I want to tell you that the treatment for this defect is really good and effective and the diagnose is very easy – like others told you, with tests!