I am sure everyone has a couple. Lets hear about them.

I think this was actually Thanksgiving; but, close enough. My Mom forgot to put out the cranberry sauce (it was chilling in the frig). Of course no one want to say anything after the wonderful meal she made. So, after dinner she found the cranberry sauce in the frig. Now it has been a running joke for 20 years at every holiday everyone asks if the cranberry sauce is on the table.

One year for christmas I bought mom a shirt I thought was pretty cool. She opens it up and whispers to Dad " I got her one just like it!!" Only it came out as a dull roar. Dad says " gee say it again I don't think the neighbors heard ya."

Maybe you had to be there. :shrug:

:soundofcricketschirping:

one Christmas Eve a bunch of friends on the internet made fun of some poor woman's unfortunate name.......oh wait, that's going on right now!

We got the kids a go-kart about 5 yrs ago and managed to get it delivered and hidden in the garage Christmas Eve so they had no idea. Let 'em open their gifts the next morning and the last one my youngest son opened was a video cassette. Told him to put it in vcr and play it. It was the video that came with the go-kart explaining safe operation, etc. He was enthralled with the video! Watched it for a while and finally the oldest one says to him "Dont you know what this means?" and the youngest one says "Yeah it's a cool video..." The oldest one says "WE GOT ONE!" and they both dash out the door in their underwear (10 degs btw) to the garage. I have never seen a dance quite like the one my youngest kid did when he spied that silly thing. He went nuts and it was totally great and of course we don't have it on video.

8mm maybe?