Hi. I feel abdominal pain every time after drinking alcohol. I usually drink beer. I also feel an urge to urinate and it hurts when I do. What is wrong with me? Should I quit drinking beer.

Hi. I had the same symptoms. I was diagnosed with urinary tract infection. I didn`t wanted to take any pills. I treated myself with cranberry tea and that was really effective. I believe in nature. Many people say bearberry tea is the best for urinary tract infection. My doctor said beer has nothing to do with my problem. That was just a coincidence. However, abdominal pain cause by alcohol could mean a lot. Some possible causes include GERD, ulcers, pancreatitis, a liver disease or gallbladder. My uncle had ulcer, he said it was very painful.

sure, it happens for one main reason -* because that is how affects you, that happens because an alcohol irritates your digestive system and this pain happens. drinking even a little of alcohol can make your stomach to produce more acid than that is the usual thing in your case. drinking alcohol can cause gastritis and pain. it also can cause a vomiting and diarrhea and in heavy drinkers, not just those who don't drink it that often. also, you need to be careful about this chest pain after drinking alcohol, because it is also very common thing when you are drinking any type of alcohol. 

I will try to give a quick sum up of my story, maybe yours will relate. I got sent to the hospitasl about 10 months ago after I had a loooong night of chuggin beers. I started getting a horrible pain in my upper(left) chest that felt like i was getting stabbed by a knife. I thought i was havign a heart attack and kinda felt like i was gonna go into shock. Previous to that night i admit i was a hradcore drinker. I just graduated from college and was drinking about 100 beers a week. I would literally drink almost everyday and about 16-18 beers a night. ( so dumb i know). Anyway they said i had acute pancreatitis and that I should stop drinking. The weird thing is i was released fromt he hospital after only 1 hour, but anyway the pain went away after a week. But it actually would suddenly come back off and on for a few min every now and again. I stopped drinking cold turkey for almost 3 months. But I am around a lot of ppl that drink all the time and before I knew it I was drinking again. I started off only having a couple..maybe once or twice a week. Then started drinking a lot about a month ago. I have been feeling those bad pains again but stubbornly have tried to ignore them. Lat night I drank over 16 beers and woke up feeling like sh*t. Not only did I have horrible anxiety but a bad pain in my side again. I am scared that I have been so dumb by continuing to drink that I have chronic not instead of acute. I dont have a lot of the systems as chronic pancreatitis but Im scared I messed up by drinking a lot again. Also when I was 19 I had my gullbladder removed because of gullstones and cholestrol pockets. I think I just ignore certain things because even with living these bad lifestyles I remain in really good shape and am still athletic. Can having my gullbladder out be even worse for getting pancreatitis? I just have to put my faith in god and pray ill get better i guess cause I ran out of my insurance so check-ups and hospital visits are kind out of the question right now. Sucks that we all suffer from this c**p, while tons of ppl i know abuse themselves so much worse and are perfect..o well i guess

ok guys srsly if you ask yourself if you need to stop drinking or if the thought of maybe you should stop drinking comes up then DO IT.youve porbly triggered your pancreatitis again you need to stop for way longer than one month.one month isnt enough to heal from pancreas/liver/gallbladder attacks such as the ones from our alcohol abuse. and yes this is abuse if you wake up in the monrning with any severe pain that isnt a typical hangover. i myself had problems from drinking and i only drank 4 times in my life. the first time i didnt really get drunk cuz i was so high before i started drinkin but i drank plenty enough infact it was the second most ive drank. the last time i drank i had just a little bit more. now im gonna admit unlike the college grad i am not a hardcore drinker. i did drink alot when i drank tho because i was kinda resistent to it and i wanted more than the gravity feelings. it never made sense to me though because the first time i guess you could say i did drink the most ever because the alcohol was high potency vodka. 99bananas and strawberry, the 99 means 99proof. it actually amounts to 46-47% alcohol.but the last time i drank i only had stuff that was 21% and i drank only slightly more shots of that than when i had my 99.anyway drinkin aside i awoke in the mornin the first time,even though i didnt get drunk, in my bed that was soaked in sweat and i immediately went to the RR n threw up for a while went back to bed n was omw.the second time i dont remember i think that was the time when nothing happened.the third time i threw up a lil more but i could feel my bodys need for nutrition,im even a healthy athletic person with alcoholism in my family but no direct members, tho my dad got screwed up in the mornings as well but he had type 2 diabetes, i dont so i dont think i should get so screwed up. im sorry if they dont allow EFFED up lol but thats just how you can explain it. but this last time was THE worst.i should have been hospitalized but i didnt want to go because i didnt think it was needing of a visit enuff. it clearly was someone asked me if i needed to go to the hos. i almost said yes i told em i was like i kinda do but im afraid the doctors r just gonna be like "pff not that bad" but i went to the doctor and he was like "DUDE you shoulda went to the hospital!" then he told me how i did serious damage to my urinary tract,bladder..liver, and of course my stomach had problems not serious like a condition more like inside bruising though because of the throwiing up and STRONG pain i had that night while dealing with the aftermath of the drinking.when i had awoke that night before the whole story went down i awoke in my bed and it was SOAKED in sweat.the only thing that actually did make my pains that i had in my bladder region, srsly its like right on your bladder where the piss is held right above your stuff.i wasnt peeing that much but drank liquids when i could could not hold anything down tho for a while gatorade did not help chicken noodle soup made my naesaes or w/e and i was also havin diareha cant spell that either. i threw up so much. it was basically truamatic.i did cry because of the pain. it was incredible such a strong pain.alcohol really is poison thats why it does that to us.i was drunk enough to grab and move a fat log in a fire while it had been in the fire...i was tryin to rotate it.btw dog licks on burns feel great slight burn at first but its less than the actual burn pain and then it starts to go away.even tho it burned me while i was drunk it wasnt that bad of a pain at the time though i didnt want it so had my dog lick the burn it neutralized it. thankfully im a fast healer and i bounced back the next day though i still had my sensitivity in my stomach. my body status is that of a college powerlifter and im very lean at 7% body fat,my family members can drink alot without this happening,certain ones are alcoholics but those are the ones that are higher up on my gene tree so i would have inherited their resilience to alcohol.but i guess not obviously.seriously you guys pay attention to your bodies all those things are signs of your body saying that it cant handle it.and to the dude who had gallbladder removed, that would hurt your fight against alcohol,itd make you weaker to its effects in every sense but it probably wouldnt reduce your tolerance to drunkness that much though

i 46 years old and was told four years ago i had scarring on my liver i have been drinking for as long as i can remember high school college etc.. when i do stop i drink odols non acholic beer but then my side hurts probably the liver so i give in and drink a beer the sad apart it is beer has no effect on me its a habit not an addicition however i am the point that i hate to know i may be dead in a year just for a stipid habit that i cant seem to over come or dont have the will power to over come i think we all know it will kills us not to be in denial i want to go back to the doctor but lost insurance but he did tell me years ago do u want to die and of course i said no he said ur liver is only working 50 percent i said all i drink is beer i didnt know beer could kill u sooo all u know weekend partying and and the drinking in college will affect you in later life

You can call everyone an id**t. If you have never had a drinking problem than you actually have no idea how hard it actually. I am 20 years old. I am having a pain in my abdomen as well and that is how I came upon this. When you find the capability to stop eating, that will be the day ending a drinking problem will become possibly easy. It becomes a survival skill and a physical need. Just like food and water. Thank you milhorn and collegegrad.

Alright. I hate to say it but anyone go has acute, chronic, or severe pancreatitis needs to stop drinking for a long time. My father drank stronger, harder, and longer than I have; when he was young. Enough to permanently damage his pancreas. I watched him go into pancreas attacks when I was a kid, when he never even drank. Certain foods would trigger these "attacks" and cause unimaginable pain to him. He hasn't drank for over 15 years and yet these attacks still persist because he reached his limit and went beyond. Don't ever think it won't happen to you because odds are, if you are even considering to stop drinking, that your pancreas is already damaged. I know the tell tale signs already of acute. So you should do some research of you're concerned of your own health. I would hate to see anyone go through the pain he has, and still is, going through.

I cannot drink alcohol or eat food with alcohol in it without ending up in hospital in pain.

The pain starts softly in the right hand side below my ribs and then begins to build to the point I cannot walk as when I put any pressure on my right leg It feels as if someone is stabbing my side and it lasts for 3 days every time.

I was in hospital for 3 days and the doctors did every test, scan and ultrasound on me and found nothing. I left the hospital with the doctor telling me my body cannot break down alcohol and not to drink anymore.

God says not to become drunk , obviously he's trying to give you a sign. You just aren't receiving it.

are you dead yet its been over a year

I'm surrounded by alcoholics. My brother in law died at 49. My best friend died at 47. My other b-i-l's are on their way out as they are jaundiced. My ex is an alcoholic and has pancreatitis many times. It's a wonder he's still alive. My father died of pancreatic cancer at age 42. While I don't have alcohol issues ( thank god) I have had more than my share of watching what you think won't happen to you when it absolutely will. trust me. It will happen. Sign yourself in somewhere. You've got nothing to lose except your life. Don't fool yourself. You will regret it while you can't communicate while you're dying. You won't be able to tell anyone how you feel. Why not give it a shot ? You've got nothing to lose except your life. Who will be heartbroken? Many.

If you’re a heavy drinker who frequently experiences stomach pain, indigestion, and/or nausea, you’re probably suffering from gastritis. Generally, the only long-term treatment for gastritis is to abstain from alcohol entirely and let the body heal on its own.

Alcohol is a pro-oxidant meaning it is digested rapidly. This process produces oxygen that is reactive, which may result to damage of cells and can also cause gastrointestinal tract damage causing pain.

There are number of Good Future Rehab Center  which can help you get rid of you drug addiction habits. Get the right treatment in a natural and professional way.