I have a reaction to only certain types of alcohol. This reaction turns the area around my mouth a bright red, the skin seems very taught, and the area is very warm to the touch. The reaction goes away several moments after I stop drinking the offending alcohol. The weird thing is, I only get these reactions from specific alcohols. Other brands and flavors, I am okay to drink. Here's a few examples:

Smirnoff 80 proof vodka causes this reaction, but Burnett's 80 proof blueberry and cherry flavored vodka does not.

Disaronno Originale causes the reaction, but Parrot Bay (40 proof) Pineapple and Coconut Rum does not.

Natural Light beer causes this reaction, but Keystone Light does not.

I am also able to drink Triple Sec Orange Liquor and Cruzan Pineapple Rum without getting the reaction.

So I'm really unsure what the link is between the three kinds of alcohol that I can't drink, and what quality allows me to drink other kinds of alcohol. I tried looking up information for each alcohol, but I can't find any real distinctive ingredient listings, which is weird. Anyone else have an idea?

I have the same reaction (area around my mouth and nose turns read, the skin seems taught, and the area is very warm to the touch but feels like it's burning). I was diagnosed with seborrheic dermatits about 6 months ago and the reaction just started within the last two months. I thought it was just a reaction to the medicine, but now that I've stopped taking the medicine - it's still happening.

I'm also experiencing the same difference depending on alcohol types. I can't have anything fruity (wine coolers, daquaris, margaritas, pina coladas, certain types of wine, etc.). Dark beers cause the reactions, but some light beers like Miller Lite doesn't. I haven't been experimenting with any other brands/types of alcohol, but I will soon.

Good luck!