Hi! Six months ago mother of my girlfriend died. I was there for her, shoulder for crying and her support. But my girlfriend changed a lot. She even mentioned me something about suicide. I understand my girlfriend's grief, but I can’t help her to deal with her grief. How to help her?

Hi! This is difficult for her and for you. You should take very serious her thoughts about suicide. She probably needs professional help. You should talk with her about that. She probably is depressed, and this is one stage of grief. Time for grief is individual. Maybe she need sometime to accept a loss and forgive.

I am in the same situation dealing with the loss of my mother. Keep in mind that after a few months goes by the people who promised to be there disappear. You are your gf's support system and she is really counting on you. Let her know that you don't like it when she is upset. Continue to support her in every way possible, and suggest seeing someone to talk to about the severe depression. Perhaps offer to go with her. If she is comfortable talking to you about it, then offering to go with her could persuade her to go. Keep reminding her of all the good things in life. Keep telling her why you love and her what you love about her, because I am sure she is feeling like sh*t.

the death of a mother, especially at a young age is something someone will never get over. You can't say you understand her grief as you may not have lost your mother at all. The loss of the one woman who did everything for you, cared for you, took you shopping is nothing like losing a nan etc even though that is also, very upsetting. you should want to help your girlfriend in what ever way you can. Just let her talk about how she feels.

I lost my mum to cancer a month before my 13th birthday, I'm 16 now and I never got over her death. The day she died, my whole life changed. I tend to think about all the things i need her to be there for and it upsets me to know she's not going to be there. My wedding, My first child, even now i wish she was here to ask for advice and i WISH with all my heart that she could meet my boyfriend and see how much we love each other.

The only thing you can do is be there for her. Cry with her, laugh with her, hold her, take her out when she needs cheering up. Let her know you care alot about her because right now you are probably the one person she needs the most right now, she may get angry at you but its only because she trusts you to understand and be there no matter how bad things may get. Don't give up on her. She needs you more than you may think. Support her in everything she does, she may not get the support she needs anymore from home and if she needs to, advise her to go to a councillor to help talk about her grief.