Hi i am 19 and i have been having issues with catching my breath just sitting down for the past 2 weeks. I have no idea what is going on. I feel like i have to yawn and take deep breaths every minute it seems like. Lately its been getting worse and i have no clue what it is. It's scaring me and i don't like it. I do have anxiety but i am not for sure if that could be my problem because i have had anxiety for almost three years and this has never occurred before. If i could get any answers/help from anyone i would truly appreciate it.

I am no expert, but you may have asthma. If you can hear yourself wheeze that is a common sign. Take this simple test. Jog around a room for one minute then sit down on a chair or anything you can comfortably sit on and then slowly breathe in and the slowly out. Listen hear a wheeze? Many people who have asthma  take quick breathes just to get there breathing under control or from a work out. You may also be out of shape. If just sitting down makes you need to catch your breath then I would go see a doctor soon.