For the past two weeks it feels like I have to constanly take deep breaths. And at times I cannot get that big breath in. Almost like an anxiety attack.. I wait for a few seconds and try agian.. Then it my lungs are filled and Im ok for a little while.

the exact same thing happens to me im asmathic and iv noticed it tends to happen after iv eaten something deep fried what about you??

i had this problem a while ago and i felt like i needed to take constant deep breaths. I had this weird feeling in my lungs and taking deep breaths(filling my lungs as much as possible) seemed to make it feel better. i went to the doctor and i was told to stop taking deep breaths and that the deep breaths were what was causing the weird feeling in my lungs. i forced myself to stop taking deep breaths and it stopped.

I have struggled with this for coming up on ten years. it is a constant need for a deep breath and nine times out of ten, the inability to get that deep breath. This has given me chest pain as well as back pain from my muscles working overtime. Some days it's not so bad that I can't function, but there are days when it is so hard to breathe that even standing up to do the dishes is impossible.

I'm not posting to see if anyone knows what's going on, but to tell every one else with these problems that you are not alone. I was in Boston for two days to have a Cardiac Cath done, and we met other people who have been having tests on these same things for years, and doctors just don't know.

It sucks beyond words that no one seems to be able to do anything for us, but it does help to know we're not alone, and that it isn't just all in our heads.

Hi i've had this deep breathing problem for a few years now. It can go away for months but then stick around for months as well. It feels like im slowly running out of air then need to take a deep breath and then im fine for a while after. I've looked a lot on the internet and recently came across people descussing a breathing tic and it seems like it could be an answer.

i have had this for 3 years.. and still i have no clue what it is.. doctors say anixety but i believe i do not have that...! Guess i'll just constantly take deep breaths for the rest of my life!

i have the same problem as well...The need to take in a deep breath to feel a sense of relief. It feels like if i don't, i'll suffocate. it comes and goes. Sometimes for years at a time. i find it helps to relax every muscle in my body and to slow down my breathing (i know it sounds contradicting, but it does help somewhat). Also, abdominal breathing can be helpful as well. Unfortunately, these methods aren't fully effective.

I suffer from the same thing. Fear and anxiety it's a constant battle. I just went on celexa to see if it helps with my panic and anxiety I find it's better if I stay busy and try not to think about it

How did you stop?