i have had trouble breathing and i have a heart problam but my heart doctor said i was fine what do i do should i worry ?

PS: PLEASE HELP ME IM REALLY SCARED

i am havin same problem difficulty breathing etc i have a murmur in my heart and need to go to hospital for heeart scan and xray how old are you i am only 19 and i to am extremley scared

i have been told by Doctor that ihave a heart murmur and need further tests inc echo and x-rays. i am extremely worried and i am only 23. i feel tired all the time and have had palpatations. :-(

I am 18 and have the same problem. When I smoke I can feel my heart, it goes crazy beats hard and fast. I dunno what to do I went to a hospital got an EKG and i went to a cardiologist but everyone says I am fine, I dunnno what to do

hey guys do not worry...the heart racing is because of stimulants. stop smoking and it will get better... you will feel better without cigs trust me. i was like you and i quit and feel much better. go to yr doctor and have a check up and you ll be fine .good luck. hugs

I'm glad I found this, even though some of these posts are rather old... I'm wondering if you guys have the same problem I do... I've had it for about two years now... it started gradually... didn't really happen overnight... I started not being able to get full breaths and couldn't breath deeply when I wanted to... as well as not being able to yawn a lot of the times... it was really scary at first, but it seems to have leveled out... it hasn't gotten better in that I'm never able to breath properly... but it just hasn't gotten worse... throughout the whole day I'm short of breath and it takes a long time before I'm luckily able to breath deeply and feel like I've gotten the breath that I wanted... sometimes it still gets really bad and I feel like I'm going to die because I'm suffocating so much, but eventually it goes back to it's normal level of shortness...
I'm 23, so it's been happening since I was 21... started in October of 2005, I think... I didn't immediately tell anyone, although it did become apparent to people because I was always trying to breath deeply/heavily... eventually I did discuss it with my parents, and they both seem to believe that it's just stress... which pisses the f**k out of me (sorry for not using a euphemism, but methinks it's best to be completely honest)... but yeah... that pisses me off because it's not something that comes and goes, it's most definitely there from the time I get up to the time I go to bed, varying in some small measure, I suppose... and to blame it completely on stress is just a cop out, in my mind, and is just indicative of their desire not to be bothered by anything unpleasant =/..
If anyone has any advice, or any thoughts at all, it would be greatly appreciated... ideally, I like to deal with this without relying too heavily on the western medical system... I'm rather mistrusting of the pharmaceutical companies... although, I have been to a doctor about it a couple of times... they did some x-rays on my lungs and said they were fine... and I went and had some tests done and they told me it isn't asthma... so I'm flummoxed... they also recommended blood tests, and I think that's my next step... I'm open to knowing what western medicine can tell me about my problem (since western medicine does have its roots in science), but I'm rather skeptical of any drugs they'll prescribe... I am open to drugs, in a sense, but would prefer to have a great knowledge of them before I try it... I suppose I'd also prefer something herbal.. something common that might help... like... any naturopathic remedy would be awesome... something pertaining to my diet, I mean....
So, yeah... that's that... thanks for reading and thanks for any input =)... tis much appreciated.... and yes, yes... please help because it really really sucks =(... hehehe... now that's honesty!

I HAD THE SAME THING AND IT WAS FROM STRESS DOCTOR GAVE ME ANXIETY PILLS AND I WAS FINE

two nights ago i woke up in the middle of the night in instant shock. I felt restricted when breathing (around the front of my neck feels tight) and my heart rate was going wack. At first i though it was because i was overreacting, but the problem persisted. My body felt cold to me, but felt normal to everyone else. My parents told me it was nothing, just an asthma attack. I have asthma, but i have not been bothered by it recently. But that does not explain the heart rate. I don't know if this is serious and lifethreatening...i'm really scared. My throat's been feeling tight ever since then and i'm constantly in a struggle to get a decent breath.

I'm glad I googled this, my symptoms seem identical to most of yours. I read what one of you said about stress not being the cause, I have felt like stress has been the entire issue of my symptoms but now because what you wrote I'm starting to wonder. I'm a fairly young individual, with a steady job, working towards a career, with a solid relationship and yet my anxiety is uncontrollable. Although socially dominant, I find myself succumbing to major bouts of distrust and paranoia. Sometimes these physical conditions ( High pulse, trouble breathing, stomach pain, sometimes I even experience odd swelling in my throat, and so on) I have no idea which symptom are the bi product of the other, but I can say I'm done with anti-biotics , and I'm done with Sigmund Freud, does anybody have suggestions other than stress relievers and meds? So far cigarettes and alcohol haven't been a viable solution.

So I went to the doctor friday for my 28week check~up and told her I was getting light headed. She then checked my heart and said I have a murmur and she would order blood work and an echocardiogram. I didn't think to much into it and didn't mention the fact that I was also having trouble breathing because I figured it was due to my asthma or the baby pushing on my lungs but when I listen to my heart the trouble I have breathing is the same time my heart acts up. I called my doctor and spoke with her nurse who told me the doctor already put in for my echo as urgent should I be as worried as I am cause I am truely feakin out! Let me know how things go with you, please!

yeah, ive been wondering about my breathing problems too, im only 14, and lately ive been having really bad breathing like i would have an attck randomly, and i owuldnt be able to breath, i kno i get stressed really easily but my chest hurts a lot, because i take in really deep breathes and let out very little, i would usually fall down, and ive fainted once, and sometimes i feel like throwing up; i dont know if this is something i should really worry about or just see if it gets better, because it really duz scare the hell out of me, help!

what the person who posted on 10/27/07 is EXACTLY how I feel but its been going on for a year for me and I dont think its anxiety because this has been the least stressful year for me ever. Does anyone have any idea what it might be other than stress and anxiety?

Well..basicly..im 27..i started having breathing problems about 2 years ago...the first times started with my heart starting to beat fast.i feel like im suffocating...it went for about 2-3 minutes...i panic and feel im going to die.I found myself calling the ambilance many times but they arrive i feel ok.This would happen to me once every one or two months.Then lately it got more complicated...When the attacks hit me...it really hits me hard..to a point myhands and arms start to numb...my neck and my face...and i can feel it gowin up to my head...I feel im gonna die..but as soon as i think its my last breath of life...it calms down.Lately i just feel a pressure pressin on my rib cage and on my chest like its tight...I cant take this any longer and i really think im going to die.Im so scared.Last time it happened was 3 days ago and again when the ambulance came..i felt better...they asked me if i wanted to go to the hospital and i refused.Now as we speak I just feel weak...i cant breath probably but not to a point to have one of my crisis...i feel my head is heavy my back hurt..and i feel like my rib cage is pressin my lungs...i always was told it was stress that caused anxiety attacks...im fed up..im going to the hospital...i will post more to give you an update on my situation...anyone can write me on my email

Ok so when I typed in what I was looking for on google, I'm seeing more and more people discussing the very same symptoms that I suffer from and that's anxiety. I believe the specific anxiety I suffer from is Panic Disorder. This is when (and what I experience on a daily basis) is when a person has panic attacks perhaps daily (for me) a few times a week or the odd time of the month or maybe a couple a year. The panic just pops out of nowhere, when watching a movie or just reading a book, there's nothing to trigger it off, it could just be the meer thought of having a panic attack that can trigger one, or just simply not thinking of anything at all.

I suffer from Panic Disorder anxiety and I've had them everyday of the year for 2 years, I'll feel perfectly fine during the day accept for a few dizzy spells and will progressively worsen through out the day and have severe panic attacks on the evening or night. The sensation i feel when having an anxiety attack is like no other feeling I've had before in my life (before i suffered from anxiety attacks) I would honestly feel like I was going insane, nothing around you feel safe, no one can help you and I would honestly feel like I was about to die. My breathing would be incredibly heavy and fast and then would slow right down, either speed of breathing I thought I would either die from having a heart attack or die as I may stop breathing! It sounds so rediculous but that's how i would feel. I would also worry if when I was asleep I would stop breathing in my sleep, so I would have some sleepless nights. Other symptoms I would suffer from were dizziness, head aches, chest tightening, heart race speeds up, trouble sleeping, feel like your loosing control- you may feel like your going crazy, depression, feet will jitter, shake your legs when sitting down, fidgit your hands, sweat when not moving.

So although I suffer from anxiety still i believe I am getting a lot better then I was a year ago, expecially when I felt I would die and find myself ringing for an ambulance 2am, then sat in an emergency room for hours to be told I wasn't going to die. It may sound obvious but it's all in the mind. You have to control how you feel, change the routine in your head and when feeling a sense of terror or panic, just think and stop for one second and say ''I'll be OK, nothing is going to happen to me'' - '' I'm still alive you are not going to die'' well this is what i say to myself and it seems to be helping. Another thing never take medication for anxiety, I know it maybe hard but these drugs that supposedly help only mask the problem , it will never get rid of the of the issue. I drink lots of herbal chamonile tea, you can got to health food stores and the teas are amazing, there very much like a perscription just less harmful to your body. Listen to calm relaxing music, get a friend or your parter to give you back massages, it's great.

So apologies for rambling on but when i go on these website there's an awful lot of question marks and no answers, I hope that if someone feels like there suffering from the same symptoms and reads this, it may help them and realize that your ok and not alone! :-D

im 17 and i been having a heart murmur since birth, i been playing sports since i was 10 and i have always noticed that i get tired very very easily... i am always catching my breath after short sprints and no matter how much i practice i can never be on the same level as my friends (they dont get tired as quick). i feel like im bringing them down because im a big part of the team and getting tired and out of breathe in 2 min isnt helping the team. ive even told my coach ever since then he doesnt play me anymore! im angry! Does anybody else have an althetic problem?