Hello, I hope you may be able to help with a little advice. I hear that Hawthorne Extract is approved in germany for the treatment of congestive heart failure and I would like to know if it may be effective in reducing heart rate in my aunt who refuses to take digoxin to treat the problem. her heart rate is fluctuating around 140 to 160 !! she is afraid to take Digoxin as recommended repeatedly by her doctors and wants to go only with vitamins and supplements (like fish oil /omega 3s) to try and control her heart. we are afraid she will die if she doesn't take digoxin... might hawthorne be something for us to think about? many thanks for any thoughts on the subject!!

I think that it's unfortunate that she refuses to take a drug that can help her out because a lot of people now believe that herbs are somwhow better than drugs because they come from nature. I think that virtually anythin gwould be better than nothing so if you do happen to procure any hawthorne extract then make sure tha tit's actually pure and the real thing, not just a sugar pill. Keep us posted!