Yesterday I was in gym on my regular exercise. There I saw first time pregnant woman exercising like she is not expecting baby. I was so worried about her and her condition, so I wonder if she consulted doctor before that. Can you tell me if that could be harmful for the baby? Is it commonly that pregnant women exercise in gym without professional help?

People react different when they see pregnant woman exercise, but the response from many people is surprise. Your question if that is harmful for the baby is most common consideration of public. The truth is that pregnant women can exercise and should exercise throughout pregnancy. They just need to take certain precautions, for example, pregnant woman's heart rate should never go above 130-140 beats per minute. If it does, she needs to cool down, because it is dangerous to baby if she to overheats. A pregnant woman also needs to concentrate on her breathing during exercise. Holding breath when doing something means she is doing too much and over-exerting herself. Even exercising both with weights and aerobics could be continued, but in moderation. Only it is not recommended that pregnant woman begin a new program with exercising, if she never done something like that before pregnancy. If their doctor feels it is all right, then pregnant woman should use no weights and keep aerobics to just walking, with drinking plenty of water.