I sometimes have pain in the rear left area of my head when I move my head at all quickly. This might be either turning or nodding my head, standing up or sitting down too quickly, or, most severely when walking fast or hitting a bump while riding my bike. The pain is fairly bad, but passes very quickly.

It is important to mention that, about 3 years ago, I sufferd a minor head injury. Apart from the superficial injury requiring stitches, I was told that the injury was relatively minor, and that I did not display symptoms of a concussion. Nonetheless, while I suppose it is possibly coincidental, the pain I experience now is in the same general area of the original injury, and I am therefore naturally inclined to connect them. I'm worried that there might be some kind internal build up scar tissue, or some other kind of abcessing (but, of course, these are just my hypochondrial guesses).

Hi.
I too get similar pains...
they occur in the front right or left of my head.
I belive they are related to migraines. You might look into that.

I am dealing with the same issue. Left side, a few seconds, very painful, from sudden movement. I have a issue with my eyes and they have been tearing up all the time as well. I have been to the docs and was told it was cluster headaches. from what i have read on cluster headaches I think the doc is wrong. cluster headaches are often on one side of the head and cause the eye issues we both have. But they last a long time and there is nothing about them being caused by movement. For me, there are also other thing that cluster headaches cause that I'm not feeling.

Do you take work out supplements? I know thats a odd question but I have a theory that my headaches may have been caused by a certain supplement. I would like to know if we had something else in common that we could stop doing if it was the cause of this.

I too have pain in the rear/top left area of my head when I move my head at all quickly. mostly just nodding my head or when walking fast. The pain is fairly bad, but it is a pain that is felt daily and has been for at least a month now. It feels as if something size of softball at times is hitting back side of head when I nod my head.

I too had major head trauma about 5 years ago, I had facial/oribtal fractures with injury to the eye. the pain I experience now is in the same general area as this injury.

I have had a dose of steriod packs which relieved pain for about 2 days. I have also had a CT scan that showed nothing.

Not sure what steps to do next. %-)

I had a accident about 1 1/2 years ago and broke my spine. I did not have any aparent head injuries but my head did get jerked back and forth pretty violently. I have been noticing for the past 2 months when I nod my head,walk/run fast, or make any other rapid head movement, i get a pain in the upper top left side of my brain/skull. It is not too painful but it is kind of worry some. Could this be related to chronic neck/back pain I experience from my accident or surgery? Or completely not related and something I should be really concerned with? Any opinions are appreciated. Thanks

I'm having the same problems with the sharp pains, they're almost unbearable and if they lasted more than a few seconds I would probably pass out. As far as I know I've never had any head trauma, and it's always behind my left eye, near my left temple, and the back of my head towards they left whenever I move my head to fast or jar my brain. On top of that I get regular headaches without moving but they aren't nearly as bad. I have horrible allergies and I thought that might be a cause of it. I don't take any kind of medication, even for the headaches. I've put up with it for 4 months now and it's getting to where I wanna do nothing but sleep.