In 2007, I was in two separate rear-end accidents about 3 months apart (passenger and driver). A couple months after my second accident, my right should would hurt all day long. I had recently started a new receptionist job, and thought it was from holding the phone...? I really wasn't sure. The pain occurs throughout the day but more frequent when I am using my arms all day without any relief or breaks. The pain is so sharpe (if i was stabbed in the shoulder, i think this is what it would feel like) that I dig my fingers through the muscle to try to get relief... It never works. Sometimes it tingles... And drives me nuts! 6 months ago, nearly 5 years after the accidents, I went to the chiropractor who said I had multiple "whiplash" injuries, rotator cuff injury, and my shoulder blades were un even (can't remember which one is higher/lower) I immediately started seeing him for adjustments 3x a week for 2 months and dropping it down to once a month now. In the beginning, to did feel some relief from the pain.... I wasn't getting the pain as frequent as I was before. But now the tingling is coming back and I have had the sharp pain in the shoulder almost everyday for the last two weeks. I did some research and it seems like it maybe shoulder impingement syndrome? I only think that because it can be related to whiplash.... Anybody have the same symptoms or have any advice?

I would get a referral to see an orthopedic surgeon and get an MRI. It could be impingement syndrome - I did have that and had successful arthroscopic surgery about 5 years ago. But given that you also had whiplash injuries - it could actually be coming from pinched nerves in your neck. I have Foraminal narrowing (which pinches the nerves) at C5, 6 and 7 and while my neck hurts, most of the pain was originally in my shoulder (thought I had impingement on the other side) but then got tingling, numbness, stabbing, aching, etc. all the way down my arm into my finger tips. So I really think that you need a Dr's evaluation to find out what the root cause is! Good luck!