For over three weeks now, I have been suffering from intense headaches that occur every morning. They occur very early in the morning, usually between 4-6 am. The pain starts in my left nostril, it feels like someone is taking a pencil and shoving it up my nose. The pain spreads to my eye, making it watery and puffy and quickly becomes more and more intense and moves to the back of my head. It seems to be a little better when I take an antihistamine and decongestant before bed. Even if I don't get the headache, I still feel the pressure under my left eye and in my left nostril. The weird thing is that although I've been taking the decongestants daily, I have very little nasal discharge. When I do it is always very little and clear. My doctor has suggested cluster headaches and sinusitis, but I'm not sure. Any ideas? Suggestions? I will try anything to get better. I am in so much pain and so exhausted, that it has caused me to miss lots of time at work and I'm afraid that I will be fired if this continues. Please help!

You're describing almost exactly what I experienced recently for a few weeks. My headaches woke me up around 5am, started in my right temple and moved behind my right eye and right nostril. They were extremely painful. This wasn't the first time - I've had them periodically over the last few years, and doctors were no help. I finally tried a chiropractor and was told that my neck is quite out of alignment, especially the top (atlas) vertebra. After a couple adjustments, my headaches are almost completely gone. It may be just the end of the latest cycle of headaches for me, but I feel better in other ways too, and I believe this was the original problem. I guess I won't know until a year or two from now, if I stay headache-free. Just thought I'd let you know in case you have a similar problem.

I too have the same problem guys... its pain in the morning at around 6:00 am .. and it goes away for an hour or so... then i feel it agian all day .. its in my left eye and left side of my head... please when u get a solution .. please email me at *******.. its keeping me from studying and i got midterms soon.... im in as much pain as u are ... please dont forget me ...

**edited by moderator**emails not allowed