Hello, I'm 19 years old and today I had my first sober Heart Palpitations. I used to smoke weed, heavily, and would always start to panic when I felt like my heart was beating to fast. My breath would catch and it would seem that I had to concentrate on breathing. I always contributed it to paranoia and anxiety, which I struggle with. Today, however, I was stone cold sober and coming back from a walk that I took after an argument with my mother. I felt strange, dizzy, and my breath kept catching. I kept having to shake my head because it felt like I was going to pass out. I felt tired as I walked up the steps and sat down. I felt nauseous and my head was spinning a little bit, I stood up and swooned and suddenly felt my breath catch, and I felt very light headed. I ran quickly up the steps and as I did my heart began to hammer in my chest. I began to panic and tell my mom to call an ambulance. She simply told me to sit down and put my head between my legs and breath. By this time I was panicking, my heart felt like it was going to explode. Finally it settled after what was truly a minute but to me it seemed forever. My mother then told me that it was Heart Palpitations and they are genetic. However it has been four hours since then and my heart still feels a little achey. Should I be concerned? Is it something more? I have been stressed, recently I lost my job and my apartment and have to come up with money to move in with my new room mates soon. I also have an interview on Monday and have been struggling with my relationship with God. Is it because I'm stressed? I honestly don't feel stressed, but subconsciously I could be? Could it have triggered this? Should I be worried?

Hi there, as someone who suffers from GAD, it sounds like you may very well have anxiety right now, and it's hard to deal with it because anxiety can be very in your face and it can also be subtle. Have you considered seeing a therapist about it? I think that it can help to talk it out and sometimes a third party works best. What do you think?