hi, my name is preethi and im 18, ive been suffering from palpitations from the last three weeks and its been irregular very fast heart beats, at such times, it lasts about 7 mintues to the max and my hands get sweaty, i feel light headed and filled with worry, i am sure they are due to anxiety attacks but i really do not know what is wrong, i am not a smoker and i drink occasionally. i used to smoke but i quit and now have an occasional one once in four days. i would really like to know if this is a cause for worry because i find it very difficult to sleep and i get like panic attacks at times and i feel completely stressed out, though i live in an environment and live a life filled with no worry, please advise

I'm really sorry to hear that you are having anxiety attacks! There is never really a reason for it but what you will have to do is work through this the hard way. The best you can do is try to stay calm while you have anxiety attacks. And since it can be hard to deal with on your own, have you considered seeing a doctor about this? They can prescribe medication to help you. I hope that you do well and wish you all the best. Please keep us posted!