I have a question. I am 23 female and this is happening to me more than 3 years. But it doesn’t happen very often and it lasts only few minutes, that is why I paid no attention before. Anyhow, I would like to know what this pounding heart means.
Thanks in advance!

Hey there,
Huh... it is hard to say what this is… even a specialist couldn’t answer it.. this things really have to be examined. Are you otherwise healthy? I mean, do you have any disorder on your heart, like murmur or something? All of this is worth examining and I think you should see a cardiologist.
On the other hand, when I was around 20, I remember, I had similar problem. I was sitting (not doing a physical activity) and all of a sudden my heart started bumping and a had a short breathe. I happened few times and it lasted very short (around 5 minutes or even less until I completely calmed down). I still don’t know what that was… But now is still gone.
I think you should see a cardiologist. This certainly cannot be answered on internet. There are some test you should go through and you should be carefully examined before it is determined what is wrong.
I hope you’ll be ok!

Don't worry.

I was experiencing the same things. I had an ECG, X-Ray, and holter monitor. Then I was diagnosed with Anxiety. I am on Lorazepam, which is a muscle relaxant to take when I get these attacks. It works just fine, calms you down and makes you feel better.