I took the morning afterpill to end my pregnancy. However this was done on July 18 of this year and to this day I am still bleeding heavy and clotting is this normal or is something seriously wrong?

YES THERE IS SOMETHING MAJORLY WRONG!

THE MORNING AFTER PILLS IS NOT AN ABORTION!!!

YOU ARE NOT SUPPOSED to take it if you are PREGNANT! It is meant to be taken a few DAYS after sex, NOT WHEN YOU ARE PREGNANT!

Did you not know this??

I went to planned parenthood here in CT and I took it with another pill and was told it was an alternative to a medical abortion. Is this incorrect? I started bleeding within 24 hours of taking. Can I seriously still be pregnant my chest is no longer hurts or is swollen and I have no other systoms. OMG this is not good news if you are correct

THERE ARE TWO different ways to end a pregnancy!!

THE MORNING AFTER PILL IS NOT an abortion, you can look at planned parenthOods website...

MAP is just a high dose of birth control. ARE you sure you did not get the abortion pill?

This is a big deal, because MAP is not going to cause an abortion.

What is Emergency Contraception?

Pregnancy can be prevented after intercourse by taking Emergency Contraceptive pills (EC). It works by giving the body a short, high, burst of synthetic hormones. This disrupts hormone patterns needed for pregnancy. EC disturbs the ovaries and the development of the uterine lining, making pregnancy less likely. EC is used within 120 hours (5 days) after intercourse. It is most effective within the first 24 hours. Emergency Contraception reduces the risk of pregnancy by 75%. EC does not protect against reproductive tract infections, including HIV/AIDS

IF THEY gave you a few different types of pills to take, most likely it was an abortion pill..

YES, you do take one of the baortion pills "The morning after " the other one, but this is not the morning after pill..

"THE Morning after pill" refers to the morning after you have sex!

DID They do an ultrasound? IF It was an abortion, THEY WOULD HAVE HAD to have done an ultrasound. Did you get an INJECTION of anything??

THIS IS Planned parenthood of CT website

http://www.ppct.org/

PLAN B is emergency birth control, not an abortion pill... It is important for you to figure out what was given to you, as it is important..

I discussed this with my sister and that is what I was told it was. She went with me to the appiontment. This is what I get for not going to my OB/GYN. I will contact them either way there seems to be a huge problem I am dropping huge blood clots still as of today. They did an ultrasound to confirm I was pregnant. somehthing is wrong it is already September 11th and the bleeding is not getting any better. thank you so much for your help and trying to clarify things for me.

MOST normal OBGYNS do not perform abortions... SO you would have had to go to a clinic.

FOR THE MORNING after emergency birth control pill, they DO NOT DO ultrasounds...
MOST LIKELY you were given the aboriton pill, butmust have had some seriously bad advice..

ok i had take plan b five days after intercourse and i dont know if it had worked but since i have taken it i have been having light cramping and wierd feelings in my stomach and it has been a week since i took it and no sign pf my period does this mean that im pregnant????? your answers would be greatly appreciated

it could easily be a side effect of the plan B, but the unly way for you to know if if you take a pregnancy test 10-15 days after you had sex thats the time when at home pregnancy tests can pick up on the amount of hormones

I just have one question do you know how far along you where??