Hi, I have heavy night sweats lately. At first I thought it was due to increased room temperature, but then I realized it’s actually keeping me sleepless and weak for two weeks. Is it a symptom of some disease?

Night sweats are a common symptom of many disease. They are most obviously seen in tuberculosis and lymphoma, but these infrequently appear in population. Other diseases to consider are human immunodeficiency virus, gastroesophageal reflux disease, obstructive sleep apnea, hyperthyroidism and hypoglycemia. Some medications like antihypertensive drugs, antipyretics, and abuse substances such as alcohol and heroin may cause night sweats. After performing diagnostic methods of getting thorough history, physical examination, and laboratory and radiographic studies, more can be concluded about origin of night sweats.