for years now, I have been dealing with this. When I over eat, I get a pain in my intestines that is so severe that I almost pass out on the toilet. I get very hot and sweat so much that I have to take off my clothes and dump water on my head to cool down. The severe pain doesnt go away until I have finished on the toilet. I have also had blood in my stool, sometimes for a few days, after the incident.
Anyone have any ideas?

I too was having this problem, almost always in the middle of the night. I would have SEVERE pain, sweating, shaking and a feeling I was going to pass out. I would felt totally wiped out the next day. I went through many tests with the docs (upper gi, colonoscopy, gall bladder etc.) with no findings. They kept asking me if I was lactose intolerant and I kept thinking I was not because the pains always started 5-7 hours after I had eaten and it was not always lots of dairy products that I had eaten. After several months of this, I tried giving up dairy. No "attacks". I tried some dairy and had an "attack". I'm sure that that is what it was. I try to avoid of dairy or if I am going to have a moderate amount, I take a lactaid tablet. They really work. I have also found that I must take one when I eat out because you never know what they might put butter, milk or cream in. I feel much better most of the time unless I eat too much dairy or forget to take the lactaid.

I have the exact same problem.

See your doctor.

What you describe sounds like what I had before I was diagnosed with Gluten sensitivity. I have to keep a gluten free diet now to avoid the attacks. Gluten is in various types of flour. so all wheat bread, pasta, pastry cakes, crackers etc I need to avoid. There are alternatives i.e. rice pasta and gluten free bread, and gluten free cold cuts but you have to seek that food out in stores. I had this for years before I finally found the cause of my problem.

Food allergies or sensitivities is what I would suggest you check out. When I had attacks i was afraid to eat. I used to think that bread was the safe food. It turned out to be the number one problem.

I had these attacks and the cause was finally diagnosed as gluten sensitivty. I believe you can get tested via a blood test now. It is a substance in wheat flour . which means anything you eat out of wheat or any other flour that contains gluten. Bread turned out to be my numbger one enemy and i thought it was the safe food when I had the attacks.

Food allergies are the cause of many problems. People are just starting to get more and more diagnosed with food allergies specifically gluten.

I have been having the same issue for the past couple of years from Stan LEE im not lacktose and tolerant or anything like that i don't know what it is i pass out on the toilet and sweat like crazy i layon the floor until i have finished having a bowel movement . I have been to the doctor and they have found nothing in my gaul blatter or intestines i don't know what this is . Can any one help me

Explain this to a GI doctor....ask about the vagus nerve, I have
Crohns and experience the same thing, doesnt stop until I pass stool or air.

I can't believe that somebody else suffers from what I have commonly called my Episodes. Frequently, when trying to have a bowel movement I get so sick. I get a flush of hot rush through me and the most extreme abdominal and back pain. If I am able I remove what clothing I can. I usually just fall to the floor with my head on my clothes and wait for it to pass. My heart races and I start sweating and I have passed out many times. I went to the ER several years ago after an Episode I had at my brothers Graduation, because I passed out after. I explained everything that happened and he ran test, then diagnoised me with Frequent Faint Disorder. I literally laughed my butt off. He expected me to not only that such a thing existed but that sometimes my body just decides to pass out!! I really hope that you can go to the doctor and let me know what we have!!!

I have had the same problem. Doctor has given me a few different medications to try. I also keep smelling salts in the bathroom.

For the Ladies, look up PELVIC CONGESTIVE SYNDROME. It is a vein disorder that can cause extreme pain during a bowel movement.

In times of high stress I have had this-along with feeling my pulse pounding in my head. My feces is usually constricted also. What is happening is your vagus nerve...look it up is being stimulated-it's what made Elvis die on the toilet. This is generally found with Spastic colon or IBS (irritable bowel syndrome) Bentyl, is a medication that helps treat this horrible thing. Other causes may be food allergies, like milk or gluten or whatever. At any rate, the colon is contracted in an abnormal way and the Vagus nerve is being stimulated.
I have been misdiagnosed also. Some Doctors think they're better than everyone else and can get by with all kinds of crazy @*&#.

Report them, and always get a second or third opinion. :-S

I was shocked to find this site and that there are so many others with this problem. At age 19 I was so sick, sleeping 22 hours a day, everyday with ice packs on my stomach. We eventually found the cause to be an allergy, I can no longer eat eggs cheese milk or anything "calcium enriched". Funny the doctors did not find the problem, in fact they kept telling me to drink milk as it would help my stomach argh! Back then if i ate the trigger foods, I was fine until a bowel movement, when it happened I had such pain I would rather have died to go through it again. Now if I eat the foods I end up tossin my cookies and the horid abdominal pain during a BM, the type of pain that was so severe that NOTHING in the world matters, going to work the future etc during this pain I tell myself never to eat again but of course we cant skip food. The longest I have intentionally gone without food was 4 1/2 days then the headaches begin.... I am on strong pain medications for a other unrelated problem, even with this pain control the pain is stronger than the meds, they do nothing to stop the pain. I've had endoscopy and colonoscopy all negitive, ive had allergy testing (the needle pricks on the back method) they said i wasnt allergic to dairy, and that i was allergic to dogs,but not allergic to cats, of course im allergic to cats cant breathe around them and I have several dogs with NO allergic reaction.

Mine just started yesterday. I was trying to look up what's wrong with me to avoid a doctors visit because I'm terrified of needles. I found this website. I'm 25 years old. Not pregnant and not had kids yet. I have never been allergic to gluten or dairy before. If it keeps up I will have to go to the doctors because the pain is so severe. I have regular BMs every morning after I drink my morning cup of coffee. Yesterday and today it hits me very very suddenly.. Several abdominal pain when I have to go. I cannot push for the pain will get even worse. I get very hot and start sweating. To keep from passing out, I turned on the AC, took off my clothes, laid on the floor in various positions until I found one that wasn't quite so painful and let the AC cool my face. The pain eventually faded until all I feel is pressure in my right abdomen, but I still cannot push. I eventually had a BM yesterday night without pushing for pushing still hurts really badly. This morning it happened all over again after I had my morning coffee. I haven't felt 100% right since yesterday morning. You all sound like your experiencing something simular. If you know of anything please reply. I have it set up so that I recieve all replies by email. As I said.. if it continues tomarrow and the next day I will go see a doctor. The pain is intolerable.

I ment severe abdominal pain, not several abdominal pain. Also with todays episode, it was even worse than yesterdays.. I experienced blurred vision and was very very close to passing out. Today I took 3 ibuprofen and it seemed to help shorten it. Yesterday I didn't take anything. Just waited it out.