Hi, my situation is, I am a 32 year old male who recently has been suffering from sweating perfusely at night. I have always been a warm bodies person who would sweat at night, but my sweating has become so bad that I am literally lying in soaking bed clothes after two hours of sleep. The other worrying thing is that my sweat has started to smell very bad - it has never smelt bad in the past, just normal manly sweat. Now it is so bad I have had to throw away 4 pillows. Can anyone advise.

I have the same EXACT problem. Please let me know if you get any answers.

Wow, my husband has the same problem! Would love to know the cause and/or a prevention! I am tired of changing the sheets every night!

I have the same problem went to the doctor and he ran blood work and he said my test results for my liver is a little abnormal and I have to go back in six weeks for a retest ( can't drink any alchohol in this period) I post the results as soon as I get them.

I have the same problem. I've been to a doctor whilst in the U.K and in Australia, and neither were forthcoming with any real answers.
My partner tends to wake me mid sweat, and I always tend to feel better after I go to the toilet. For a while I believed that it may be a Bladder issue. Like the need to urinate whilst asleep was somehow triggering the problem.
But without any definates, I have never been sure.
I only occaisonally drink alchohol. I do drink a fair amount of Tea. And I smoke (about five a day).
Would love to hear, if anyone gets a definate answer

I started smelling really bad sweat, REALLY BAD! when I got sick a few months ago, but still sweated badly and it stunk bad within just one hour of sleeping.

Then I was looking for an answer online and read somewhere to put a GLASS OF COLD WATER on the bedside table (just cold tap water) so I did this and from the first time I did it I stoped sweating so bad and it didn't smell at all!!!!!!!

I hope I found this to solve the problem although I don't know if it stoped for another reason but I wouldn't dare sleep without a glass of water next to my bed.

Its been a week now and I haven't smelt bad sweat once at all IT'S SO GOOD!!!

TRY IT OUT!!!!!!

There was a post online I ran across linking night sweat odors to hypoglycemia. If his sugar levels are too high or too low, a coppery odor may be present in his sweat.

Hi All.

I have been reading through various websites and forums, trying to understand a problem I have had for some time now.
At various times I do sweat quite a bit leaving my sheets soaking, and have just put it down the bedroom temperature being too high, usually I have a fan which I can use to reduce the temperature and reduce the sweating. But what I find quite horrible, is the odor, my father first noticed quite a few years ago, he was in the loft sorting out some old books and other items out, when he observed a smell, his description was a dead animal, so he spent several hours trying to find, what he assumed to be a rotting carcass of a rat, a mouse or something. Nothing could be found the only thing was the origin of the smell was coming from the area of the loft above my bedroom, this was finally clarified going into my bedroom and although the odor did not appear to be strong, there was the same but faint odor coming from my bed sheets.

Of course I had no explanation for this unpleasant odor, only that it must be when I sweat in bed, since those days, I have come use to the fact that sometimes when I sweat this foul odor which to me does not smell anything like normal body odor more like rotting meat perhaps even a pungent metal smell perhaps. The Duvet, I usually chuck out, due to the amount of light brown coloured stains from my sweat, always towards the top or headboard end of the bed.

As for my health, I am obese recently had a full checkup at the local doctors and although my cholesterol is too high and my blood sugar slightly over the normal levels, I am ok.

But I thought there may be an answer to this an it might lie with Medication I have to take for a condition I have had for over thirty years, now, I have been on various types and makes of medication and the most recent I have been on now since 1992, but that time I did not sweat as I do now.

So anyone with ideas or has similar experience please let me know.

Regards

My bf has this problem and it smells so bad it makes me sick, literally!
What is going on?

high blood pressure causes sweating in bed. go to doctors for 5mg pills.

I have the same problem, such a pain. Really keeps you from sleeping well. Let alone sleeping comfortably with your gf/wife. Try this, i have read it may be your body having to deal with excessive amounts of sugar and or caffiene. I know i drink too much coffee and monster to get through physically grueling work days. So i have cut back on the energy drinks and it seems to have helped in the short term. 

If you have this problem and drink a lot of those energy drinks, try and cut back or cut em out and see if that helps. Good luck. 

I'm a 26yr old female and I have the same problem. Within the past 8 months or so I have developed a disgusting night sweat and it smells. While I am a hot type of person and have to sleep with my bedroom window open even in winter I have never sweated at night unless its summer time, but the  sweat is not the same nor is the smell. I cant describe the smell, it doesnt smell like BO or that ''normal'' sweet smell. In my head I feel like its something sickly oozing out of me, I know that sounds weird but thats the feeling I get. I met my mum for dinner and told her that alot of the time I wake up in the middle of the night or wake up most mornings and feel sickly, that sickly sweat feeling. I eat mostly fresh food and vegetables, im gluten free, I drink maybe twice a year... Hmm. I have heard it can have something to do with blood sugar. I dont know. All I know is my bedroom smells from this and its very depressing. :(

Oh thanks for the tip bud, really insightful...

If you are taking a high dose of anti-depressants (Zoloft, Certraline, etc...) that will cause it. Very common.

I don't want everyone to think they have cancer but my 3 year old started having really bad night sweats and they smelt really bad we had her checked over and over again and finally when it was almost to late they realized she had a stage 4 cancer .