I'm 18 years old and I still have about 2 weeks before my period. I remember starting to have the discharge a little after my period a while ago, but didn't think much of it. My boyfriend and I started having intercourse a few weeks ago unprotected, but he always pulled out before he went. I'm really scared that this could be serious. It's usually just little brown spots when I wipe, but last night it was a really thick smear in my underwear. When I put a tampon in, it came out covered with a brown mucus-like discharge. Then this morning there was nothing. I'm not sure what to do because I feel like I can't talk to my mom about it, but I'm so scared I'm not eating. I'm pretty sure it's not an STD, and it wouldnt make sense that it's my period. Can I be pregnant?!

I don't know the answer to this, but I hope someone answers you soon because I'm having the exact same problem. :-(

This discharge can be normal, the best thing to do is wait until your period is due and if it doesnt arrive then take a test, if the discharge gets worse or smells then you need to see your doctor, as it could be an infection. I do have to say that if you are worried about becomming pregnant then you really need to use birthcontrol, whether it be condoms, pills, or spermacide, there are many options available. Pulling out is not a safe way to prevent pregnancy because you can get pregnant from Pre-ejaculation. I wish you the best and hope it works out for you.