I am writing in regards to my five year old grandson, Clayton, hoping someone may recognize his symptoms, be able to diagnose his condition, and hopefully provide a treatment plan for him since he’s seldom gone more than 2 weeks at a time in his entire life without being sick.  My daughter is a single mom and receives Medicaid, which I think may be limiting the quality of care Clayton has received from physicians over the years.

I’m sure he either has an immune deficiency or some other rare condition which makes him so suscepitable to illnesses most children rarely ever receive.  I have listed some of the highlights regarding the illnesses through his life below.  When reading, please keep in mind, this is a child that does not attend daycare, preschool, play groups, or even regularly visits places with a large amounts of people.  He usually only has contact with close relatives.

If you are someone who knows of a child with similar conditions, or a physician who may have an idea what may be wrong with Clayton, please feel free to contact me to let me know what steps I should take in order to try to get him the treatment he deserves.

Thank you very much for reading,

Melissa

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** private e-mails not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use

• Seizures - Since birth, but are getting stronger and more frequent

• Jaundice at birth

• Low Blood Sugar - First week of life. Had to stay in Special Care Nursery while in the hospital.

• Was blind until 4 months old

• Projectile Vomiting and Acid Reflux 2006 and 2007 - was tested for Pyloric Stenosis

• Ear infection – 2007 & 2010

• Scarlett Fever  – 2008

• Strep Throat – 2008 & 2010

• Whooping Cough – 2009

• Croup – 2009 & 2010

• H1N1 – 2009

• Ring Worm – 2009, 2010 & 2011

• Low iron - Borderline Anemia – Determined 2010

• Meningitis – 2010

• Pink Eye – Twice in 2010

• Pneumonia – 2011

• Eczema – Began in 2011

• Bronchitis – Numerous times

• ADHD

• Numerous viral and bacterial infections his entire life

• Even with just a common cold, fevers normally reach 103 or higher

• He has a high level of acidity in his snot - It eats away at his face even after just 10 or 15 minutes of being sick. Makes his face bleed and crack.

• He has a trigger thumb that restricts him from making the knuckles in his thumb to go straight. Had a cast - did not help.

• His left side rib cage is inverted

• Possible Dyslexia

To:  Brennan (Biomajor'10)

I received your PM, but am unable to reply due to not having enough posts.  Since I'm unable to provide an e-mail address in posts, I'm not sure how I can contact you back directly.  I appreciate your offer to try to assist my grandson, but would obviously need to talk with you further.  If there is any way you can get me your contact information, I would be very grateful.

Melissa