ok so this has been happening since i was 14..
im now 22 years old..

i get these extreme pains before, during, after, infact all the time.
the pain is usually lower abdomen but more recently has been located in the lower right side..

along with this..
i get headaches, dizziness, nausea, fatigue, weakness...

i also get my period every two weeks at the moment.. in the past i have missed them and had non-stop periods..
its driving me insane..

my GP is very helpful and has given me ultra sounds, CT scans, thousands of blood tests and pap smears..

when i was 16 i had a pap that had celular changes but i had lettz procedure and colposcopey and everything was fine..

EVERY TEST I HAVE NOW SAYS THERE IS NOT A DAMN THING WRONG..

my gyno told me it was "normal" to roll around on the floor screaming in agony at the shops due to periods.. somehow i think he is full of it...

please help ladies.. im going insane with these problems and the pain is killing me

My periods are extremely painful too. I take a lot of pain relief medications every month, and I have to change them frequently because my body becomes immune to them. Many women suffer from both PMS and menstrual cramps. The medical term for menstrual cramps is dysmenorrhea. In primary dysmenorrhea, there is no underlying gynecologic problem causing the pain. I found that an unusually narrow cervical canal tends to increase menstrual cramps. Lack of exercise is now recognized to contribute to painful menstrual cramps. Emotional stress can increase the discomfort of menstrual cramps. The menstrual cramps of primary dysmenorrhea usually diminish with age and after pregnancy. Some studies have indicated that vitamin E, thiamin and omega-3 supplements may help reduce menstrual cramps. Soaking in a hot bath or using a heating pad on your lower abdomen appears to be just as effective as over-the-counter pain medication for relieving menstrual cramps.

No, it’s absolutely not normal for you to be in horrible pain every two weeks. I know how bad it can be and I wouldn’t want it for anyone, no matter what. The only way to solve this more or less permanently is to start with birth control pills. They are in fact hormones just as the ones our body produces to regulate menstrual cycle, but because they are dosed in the pill they can be used to modify your periods when they are unbearable like this. I mean, every two weeks even if it doesn’t hurt is just too much. Ask your GP about this option because painkillers are no solution.

look up endomiotris (sp?) my friend was just diagnosed with it and had a lap surgery to remove the endo- she is a diff person!! she had everythign you described and then some. her drs thought she was nuts until she diagnosed her self, did enough research and went to a specialist. check it out!!!

ive been quite convinced for some time now that it is infact endometreosis..

i have every single one of the symptoms associated with endometreosis..

however, my gyno and the hospital just wont help me!

they keep saying it is normal.. BUT IT ISNT NORMAL AT ALL..

my GP gave me a referral to have a laprascopy done (as this is the only way to find out if it is endometreosis)

but this is when the gyno told me it was normal and basically laughed in my face when i burst into tears...

they just dont want to do thier job and my life is suffereing considerably because of it!!

What you are describing is absolutely not normal. You should go online and look up specialists (a.k.a. a doctor who cares) and try to contact them. I'm so sorry that your gyno caused you to break into tears. He is stupid if he thinks it is normal. He should be doing his job and trying to help you. He just isn't female and doesn't menstrate, so he has no idea what you feel or what you are describing. Try to switch doctors or something, because I think that you need help.

I am the guest that wrote this... ive decided to sign up :-)

and yeah i definitely need to see a specialist... however..

i am a technically homeless student and completely broke.. so paying for a specialist just isnt feasable..
this is why im stuck in the public hospital system fighting them constantly..

im just really at my wits end... after 7 years of these pains.. its about time something was answered!!!