can some one tell me why i lose sight when i go coughing is this the norm. to happen cause at first it would be blurry and double vision now its making me go tempory blinde for about 5 seconds could this mean stroke or worse.and what can i do since i have no insurance. please advise .

thanks

johnnyrc

Had similar situation twice with a few years between episodes. Coughing led to vomiting with temporary blindness and eye pain. Hospital did many eye tests, MRI's. Could not find anything. Please let me know if you find the answer. Thanks.

can I be enlighten why I get giddiness and temporary sudden blindness when I go coughing. This happens more severly when I have mild or sever headache. I am 66 years old.

Me too, kind of scarey.

Any type of  vision loss (e.g. blindness,blurred vision) is a symptom of great concern. Many of the causes are very serious medical conditions. Certain types of vision changes can be a medical emergency where delay can lead to loss of sight (e.g. for causes such as glaucoma, eye injury) or loss of life (e.g. for causes such as stroke etc.). Even transient or temporary blindness or loss of vision cannot be ignored because it can result from serious conditions such as  TIA , hypertension  etc. I think you should immediately consult professional medical attention for any such symptoms of vision changes.And also protect your eyes from UV rays of sunlight by wearing glasses as their are various Sunglasses Suppliers available in market  that provide good quality of glasses.

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** web addresses not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use

I have chiari malformation and syringomyelia and this is common.

I coughed hard while driving went blind for 5 or 6 sec. Very scary then light blinked a few times and my sight came back, my car had rusty holes in the body I always thought the gas fumes coming in caused the blindness

Starting two years ago when I coughed really hard my vision would go blurry and sometimes it would black out completely. I actually had two car wrecks because I couldn't see for about 7-10 seconds although I was fully conscious.

I have seen a pulmonologist, or cardiologist, neurologist, and eye doctor. None of them have any answers and they have been no help at all. Kind of makes you lose confidence in our medical community.

It just happened to me. Have you found any answers 

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** private e-mails not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use

Searching all over there are over a hundred potential senarios in which this can occur everything from common cold to plague.

I think it comes from a lack of blood in the brain or oxygen kind of like getting choked out but im not a docter

Heavy bong smoker had lung xray lungs are clear. This has been a regular thing for a few years.

Maybe this is what death is like
When the senses dissapear. Who knows.
Im still fine tho if i stop smoking for a day or two. Probably not to much to worry about.

This. This happens to me. Any new developments?

-concerned