Hi, my mother lately had vision problems for a few seconds, followed by migraine and confusion.. Her mother died of stroke, so I am worried that she may have TIA. I can’t make her go to doctor and check it. Is TIA related to loss of vision?

Hi, I had two TIAs before I got a stroke. I had last TIA two months before the stroke. I have been suffering from migraines since I’ve been student. I believe that your mother needs medical examination. Studies suggest that migraine sufferers who get new neurological symptoms, like transient loss of vision, need to be evaluated by a doctor to exclude other causes such as transient ischemic attack (TIA). Is your mother taking any medicines to stimulate blood flow and brain circulation? I am taking Ginkgo biloba supplements for this reason. Reduced blood flow in the brain, can result in a temporary loss of vision and can occur independent of migraine or TIA.