I want to know what is Hemachromatosis and how do you get this disease, I am doing a project for my school and would like to know a few more information about it.

Hemachromatosis is an inherited disorder of an iron regulation where excess iron is deposited in different organs, including the liver. Because of the chemical properties of iron, it can’t be eliminated from the body and is just being stored and overload in the body. The disease of iron overload is pretty common and is being under diagnosed. The excess iron overloads during the long period of time, but the sooner it is diagnosed, there is the less chances for the liver cancer and chirosis. Hemachromatosis is an inherited disease and is passed on down a family line. The disease may be passed on when 2 people who are carriers of the gene for the condition have a child. There is then a chance that this child may have an active form of the disease. The symptoms are persistent tiredness, abdominal discomfort, joint pains, loss of sex drive, bronzed coloration of the skin, swollen liver etc.