It seems most of the cases here seem to be older of age, I noticed I begin developing hemorrhoids at the age of 7 and I was not familiar with what was going on. It begin as a small bump I believed something was hidden as if I had some sort of deformity, so I minded it off. Around late high school years it begin to grow worse as I would develop fissures along with the hemorrhoid thrombosis. It begin as internal hemorrhoids and sooner or later it begin to protrude out. I have been suffering with pain at such a young age my habits were quite unusual, I did not know that sitting on the toilet or straining hard were the effects of it, also I noticed my diet was not so good either.

Finally at a later age I begin to doing more research tried more fiber intake, yet things seemed to not improve. I have reached possibly the third stage and at the age of 22 I was almost near the fourth stage. Thankfully I have found a nice doctor around the school area, I am currently attending. Using my student health insurance and the doctor being able to compensate for the expensive price, I was put under Anesthesia for the first time. I was given treatment for fissures, pulps, and wide variety of surgeries were done. One day has passed and I feel the pressure and swelling, I was not able to retrieve the Vicodin as soon as possible and later the next day the pain was unbearable but I drove myself 15 minutes to a 24 hour pharmacy to pick up the prescription. Yet the Vicodin as 5-500 mg Hydrocon Acetaminophen is not doing its job completely I am still feeling the pain just slightly duller. I was wondering how long the recovery time may take for someone of my age, I was told the older you get the slower you heal. I hope my story has made those who are cured or never suffered from this condition appreciate their health more than ever... It seems this is a enormous waking call for me. I would gladly appreciate any answers from here.

you don't tell us what surgery you had--full hermorrhoidectomy? PPH? ligation banding? Hard to know what recovery time may be if we don't know what surgery you had--recovery times vary depending on procedure, but with skilled surgery, a little luck, you should be okay in 1-2 weeks. Possibly still pain, but hopefully nothing extreme. If Lortab 5 doesn't work, maybe ask dr. for Lortab 7.5 or 10. Also taking ibuprofen inbetween can help (prescribed after my own surgery). Jjust don't double up on anything with acetaminophen. Make sure to take stool softeners, fiber supplements and plenty of sitz baths (with or without salts). If you're feeling pain, keep up with pain meds to not let the effects lapse. But don't take more than needed either. The block you up...

I had a full hemorrhoidectomy, along with fissurectomy, I was suffering from fissures, internal hemorrhoid prolapse well basically they listed a whole lot of things but in general all together it was considered a hemorrhoidectomy.