I had surgery 2 days ago and was so scared after reading the stories here. I am very pleased to say it is going very well. Little pain, I am on pain relievers and stool softner. I am awaiting my first BM but I do not have severe pain so far....Dr said about a week off of work, especially since I stand a lot...

Update..Today is 3 full days out of surgery and I am still doing very well. My dr had me on a liquid diet for 2 days before and I stayed soft foods until today. I took my pain meds every 4 hours on the clock until now. I started stool softeners yesterday and today I did the glycerin tab and only had gas so far...I was surprised that it was not painful to put the tab in. I still feel numb down there. Could I still have something there still?
I am very happy...the hemorrhoid pain is gone. I feel so discomfort and maybe the pain meds are taking the rest away for now. I am going to try and come of pain meds little by little starting now unless I have a painful BM.

I dont know why there is so much negative about this surgery and why people feel so different afterwards. I had 3 removed that were inflamed and thankful that they are gone!

It is me again..Done with 4 full days and I started to come off pain meds. I am not hurting but still awaiting my first BM. I have lots of gas. I am drinking lots of water, took stool softener each day, and today was day 2 of the glycerin supp but it didnt make me go. I ate more regularly today. My main concern is not having a BM yet but know it is still early and the pain meds are not helping me go so hopefully by tomorrow.

Still no real pain down there. Slight discomfort but I have been in bed most of these 4 days so I can go back to work this week. I had the long weekend off for Memorial day to help with recovery.

I had my first BM this AM. It hurt a little. I came off pain meds yesterday for the most part and only took one through the night and drank LOTS of water. So far so good. It was a good size and hard and came out pretty quick. My pain is mostly a bad discomfort down there. I feel like something is plugged up. LOL... It stung a little but came right back to bed and doing much better. So there is life after this..every day small steps...

I am just starting day 10. I took off of work this last week. I really think you need to take off a good 2-3 weeks as it is major surgery. The only big issue is when I have to do a BM. Mine are bad but not horrendous, For a few minutes my legs shake and feel some pain but once it is out there is LOTS of discomfort down there...

I went into the bath like many people here said to do. It help with the discomfort but I still need to lay down and rest afterward. I am totally off the pain meds and just using tylenol. I never had an issue urinating. I was able to go when i got home the first night. I have some blood when I wipe. People here said it was from the stitches. I go back to dr on Tues to see how I am doing and if I can go back to work on Wed...

Drink water..and take stool softeners every day. It took me days to go but it was soft. Everyday I wake up better than the day before. If it wasnt for such bad BM I would return to work today but have to remind myself that this was major surgery. You need to give time to heal.

I think people that are forced to go back to work or do a lot around the house over do it too fast. I stayed in bed mostly this whole time resting..laying in couch, eating reg meals. Take the time to heal. THis is not overnight surgery.

Everything is healing very well...He had me come off the stool softeners and use as needed so I wouldnt keep running into the bathroom. I can go back to work on Monday (so I took off 2 weeks and 2 days). He also said to keep the site very moist with any type of cream...hemorrhoid cream, neosporin, but not lotion. He will see me in 2 more weeks.

I am feeling good, up out of bed most of the day, doing minor housework, sitting is still not too comfortable but I am able to do it.

Hope everyone else is doing good!

I am really glad that you posted this thread to keep us updated on how your recovery is going. I think it can help other people know what a typical experience looks like so that they can expect the same things when they go through the surgery themselves. I hope that you'll continue to keep us updated!

Please, someone tell me this is not all that bad. I see a doctor today to tell me whether I should have surgery or not. I have only heard of horrible experiences with this surgery.

i'm curious which procedure did you have?

I had the one where they cut them out... Dr explained that he cut them off and "burned" where it was attached. I had one outside one and two inside removed. I updated under another thread ..I think it was called 3 weeks...

My experience has been good but I knew it was major surgery and had to take off from work. I am back to work now and 80% recovered. Still have BM issues, some discomfort still. If I am walking around a lot I can feel it but no pain, just get tired.