Hi! I am interested in learning more about herbs that help in balancing female hormones. I have read on this site and other sites before that such herbs exist. But which herbs balance female hormones, and how does it work exactly? If you can offer any insight, I would be grateful.

Hello! Herbs for balancing female hormones can help correct improper levels of estrogen and progesterone, which are hormones specific to females. Wild yam is used as an alternative to synthetic progesterone treatments. It also has anti-spasmodic properties that can alleviate severe menstrual cramping. Black Cohosh is the herb which contains phytoestrogens, or natural plant estrogens, which is an alternative to synthetic hormone therapy. It may stimulate estrogen receptors, causing the body to believe more estrogen is present in the body. This can relieve hot flashes, vaginal dryness, depression, night sweats, and irregular cycles. Dong Quai has estrogen-like properties that can regulate existing irregular estrogen levels by acting as an estrogen substitute. This slows the creation of estrogen in the body, which is useful for women with high estrogen levels. I hope this will help you.