I miss Indian meals from the time I lived in the United Kingdom. Everyone knows that the UK has the best Indian restaurants outside of India itself, and their curries are superb. I used to order curry in all the time, but now that I am no longer living in the UK, it is basically "make your own curry or have no curry at all". I do try, but my curries don't taste great. Perhaps I am missing some herbs? What herbs are great for curries?

There are so many herbs that are used in Indian cooking - cumin, turmeric, coriander seeds, mustard seeds, curry leaves, bay leaves, fenugreek, cardamom and ginger, to name just a few. Getting the right combination is difficult sometimes, and it's no wonder that your curry tastes nothing like the real thing. Do you have the possibility of ordering spices online, if you can not get them locally? That would make it so much easier. Apart from that, I suggest that you learn from real Indian cooks how to make curry. If you can't do it in person, don't worry, as the internet is your friend for things like that. I know an Indian lady with her own YouTube channel. I learnt quite a lot of recipes from there. Do you want me to send you the link?