I am not much of a soup person myself and I very rarely make soup. It would be no exaggeration to say that, if I make soup twice a year, it is a lot for me. I need a soup recipe or at least some direction on what herbs to put in soup, fast! Can anyone help me out and tell me what herbs I can easily turn into a nice soup? Thanks so much!

Well you start with veggies and meat if you intend to put meat into your soup, and a bit of the broth of your choice. I like onions and leeks, carrots, garlic if you like, and as for the herbs I like thyme, celery leaves, bay leaves, parsley and chives on top. That that help any?

Thank you for your answer. That sounds ever so easy and with very, very few ingredients! How come? Should there not be additional ingredients and, like, 20 different herbs to create something impressive? Mind you, my general problem with soup is that I often find it too bland, so I am obviously the wrong person to ask.