Believe it or not, I have around 25 Kg of rice in my pantry. Somehow I stocked up on lots of rice, but the problem is that our family does not even eat rice all that often. I need to start using up some rice, and I need some inspiration. What herbs do you use with rice? What are your best rice dishes?

Rice is so versatile that you can use almost any herbs you want with rice dishes, depending on how you have prepared it. I love Asian food and make vegetable fried rice very often. It is quick, easy and nutritious. You can use chilly powder, Chinese five spices, coriander seeds... and add any veg you happen to have around the house. The same thing also works with Indian spices, and Indonesian, of course.

We eat rice and beans a few times a week because it is so lovely and quick to make. I also like what the previous poster said. But here, we prefer Mexican food. The great with about rice and beans is that you can wrap it in a tortilla with a salad and some chicken too! And it heats up nicely from frozen too.