Hi, I want to prepare a homemade cleansing tea, as I always have constipation and I am not reacting anymore to laxatives. Which herbs are the best to use?

Hi, I learned from my grandmother how to prepare a cleansing tea. There are various sorts of plants with laxative and detoxifying properties. Anyway, it would be the best if you could provide organicaly grown herbs, as they are the most beneficial. Already ancient cultures like Egyptian, were common with Senna bush's leaves as a remedy to stimulate the bowels. Additionally, licorice and birch leaf, juniper berries, cascara sagrada, flax seed, acacia flowers can be used to sooth irritated digestive tract. Peppermint leaves, anise seed stimulate digestion and relieve painful stomach and they are completely safe to use even in the most early stages of newborns.

I think it would be wise to learn in a little more detail the effects certain herbs have before going and experimenting. It could be hard on your system if you are not careful. Just be careful.