I am planning to make roast vegetables for dinner tonight. I went to the local farmers' market yesterday and picked up a zucchini, egg plant, tomatoes, and some bell peppers. What herbs do you recommend I include in this dish to make it as tasty as possible? Looking forward to some ideas.

Oh, I love roast vegetables! If you can get some mozzarella cheese that makes a lovely combination with the eggplant too! As for herbs, I think fresh herbs cannot compare to dried herbs in roast vegetables. I like thyme, basil, a bit of rosemary and salt and ground pepper. If you can put some ground walnuts on top, I love that too!

try cutting your zucchini lengthwise and sprinkling bread crumbs and parmesan cheese on top. Drizzle all veggies with olive oil S & P.. Also try adding a couple heads of garlic (cut off top and wrap in foil) to your cookie sheet. Next time try roasting brussel sprouts and califlower. Cut brussels in half and place in a large bowl with the califlower flourettes. Drizzle with 2-3 Tbs olive oil (good olive oil..extra virgin first cold pressed), 2-3 tablespoons of good grated parmesan cheese and some fresh cracked pepper. Toss till well coated then place on a no stick backing sheet and roast at 400 degrees till edges of veggies turn brown.