I have had lots of hip pain recently, and was diagnosed with chronic hip pain. I feel that my diagnosis is no more than a conformation from the doctors that they have no idea what I am battling. "Chronic pain"? I am sure it has a cause, but what? I should probably be looking into herbal treatment right now, as that offers more potential for my condition, whatever that may turn out to be.

I think that pain relief is not the kind of thing that you should look for in herbs. Herbs can, often, treat the root cause of various ailments, but painkillers were invented for a reason and the reason is probably that herbs were just not cutting it. Perhaps acupuncture could help you?

some herbals CAN 'cut it..if you take them regular and LONG enough..fish oil, esp Krill oil have anti-inflamatory properties, along w/ ashwagandha, astaxanthin, osteo biflex helps joints and cartiledge....some canttake a lot of pills...hen again I know of some who wait til they are 70/80, and take doctor-prescribed 'meds'(most poisonous for long term) up tpo 15-20/a day...

Id rather take my 10 supps a day, some less, rotating 'off' days than taking expensive doctor meds w/ numerous side effects for the rest of my life..

ohhh yeh---yet another---evening of primrose