I will be quitting smoking from next week. I have tried to stop smoking before and I know that I will have a terribly rough time, and that I will be tempted to light up many times over. I was hoping that there might be some herbs that will make the withdrawal process easier. Can any of you help?

Some people claim that black cohosh is a great herbs for people who are trying to give up smoking. That is because black cohosh has a calming effect, and gets rid of anxiety and irritability. I have also heard that black cohosh can have some unpleasant side effects, so you should probably think about this twice before buying. Good luck with stopping smoking!

Black Cohosh changed my bowel movements dramatically, so I stopped taking it

I found skullcap(the American variety and Tyrosine to be helpful--***edited by moderator*** web addresses not allowed...also Macuna Prueins helps dpamine levels as well as other things
Kava kava can be good, but bad for the liver on long term use( I guess 6 months or more)..I give myself a break on rotation for my herebals, juggling them around

Sam-e helps moods...on sale at Walgreens this week, starting 12/19...you can get $3.00 off coupons on Nature Made.com

I was a Chantix quitter, but found the herbals helped--I was a 2, almost THREE pack a day smoker

The MOST helpful was to be determined, no matter what, to get the smokes outta your life---I could see what they were doing to my lungs, allergies, well-being , and my wallet