I had my gall bladder removed in April. I did nothave any gall stones just a gall bladder that was functioning at just 17% ( hydascan results) Now when ever I eat red meats or anything fatty I have horrible staomache cramps and end up having horrible loose stools. Is there anything that I can do for this?

Yes, you can avoid the foods that cause this or reduce the frequency of their consumption. Although bile is still being produced by the liver, it has no gallbladder to be stored in and bile is not as effectively distributed into the intestines. Its release is much slower and food may take more to digest but bile could be also seeping all the time, making your stools lose. This comes sometimes as a side effect of gallbladder removal.
It may go away eventually or you may have to accept it. You could talk to your doctor about your options and see if there is anything else you could do in order to prevent the symptoms from appearing besides giving up on certain foods.

I had my gall bladder removed in 2004 and started taking Natren's Healthy Trinity after two embarassing and unpleasant 'bathroom experiences' (as in, I couldn't get to the bathroom fast enough). Both were caused by creamy and/or fatty lunches. Natren's Healthy Trinity has been a god-send as I can eat or drink anything I like (cheeseburger, fries, soda, eggs, pork, poultry, onions) that caused problems and pain, both pre- and post-surgery. It costs less than a fancy coffee and is worth every penny!!!

I had my gall bladder removed in Aug 2007 after suffering 3 painful attacks about 2 yrs prior. No surgery complications but the FREQUENT, URGENT, EXPLOSIVE, PAINFUL bowel movements drove me insane. I couldn't go out to eat, was afraid to travel, and had many close calls. No one: not my primary doctor, the gastroentrologist, nor the surgeon told me what lied ahead. It was a complete shock and utter embarrassment. As soon as I would eat certain foods, within 15-30 mins severe cramping and pain would follow, and once in the bathroom it was excruiatingly painful. There were times I had to go 3 times w/n an hour while at work and in meetings. It has taken 6 yrs for the symptoms to subside. I learned what foods NOT TO EAT and avoid them at all costs. I don't eat before flights and always make sure I have baby wipes to help keep clean. It does get better, but takes a LONG TIME.

I suggest anyone who is contemplating having this surgery, do your own research first, write down questions, discuss with doctor(s) and decide if this is best for you. Knowing what I know now I wouldn't have had it removed unless it was a life and death situation.