Hi. I'm 34 year old male and I have some questions about my wife’s health state for all who know maybe more about this. Last couple of months she was suffering from some excessive bleeding and lower abdominal cramps but she wasn’t worried about it so much. But I have talked her to seek for medical help.
So, about two weeks ago she was diagnosed with some condition called uterus fibroids and her doctor recommended her hysterectomy. She was devastated when she heard the news knowing that she will not be able to have kids any more. So, I couldn’t believe that this could be her only option. Dies anybody knows more about this? Are there any alternatives for her beside this hysterectomy?

Hello, I understand that your wife and you are worried and that’s why I did a small research on my own and listen what I have found out about alternatives to hysterectomy.
There are several other options, especially if we are not talking about any cancerous change. First of all, it could be treated with certain medications because they may help relieve heavy or irregular uterine bleeding. Surgical alternative could be operation called endometrial ablation where the heat or cold are being used to destroy the lining of uterus and stop uterine bleeding.
One option for treating fibroids is uterine artery embolization-blockade of artery that supplies the fibroids with blood. That’s all I have found out about this. Talk with your doctor more and let him explain you all the options your wife has.