Hey, I had myomectomy surgery on 7/24/06, due to two fibroid tumors. They were able to remove 1 tumor but couldnt find the other one. My question is to others who have had this surgery, How long did it take before you stopped bleeding after the surgery? I have tried the birth control shot before I had surgery and I've also taken provera but nothing is stopping this bleeding. I had the myomectomy because I would love to have another child so that's why I dont want to take the birth control pill. Is there anything else that I can take to stop the bleeding? My dr hasnt made any other recommendations other than hysterectomy. NOT.. I wont do it unless its absolutely no other alternative..... Please respond with as many ideas or things that have worked for you..... I'm getting desperate...I have been bleeding since June 06' and I've had just about enough. Also I have made another apt. to see another dr.
Thanks
Constantly bleeding

I just had a myomectomy in late August, but the doctor had put me on estrogen for 20 days and then progesterone for 10 days. My period is starting a little early and may be heavy and painful for the first two months. If the doctor could not "find" the other tumor while doing a myomectomy, it is good you check in with another doctor. I was bleeding since May and had 4 large tumors removed and then "a bunch of little ones". I would check with another doctor about locating this other tumor, it seems that while the uterus is fully exposed in a myomectomy, that all tumors would be found. I was told I only had two, and yet, during surgery she found all the others, some, inside my uterine wall. Good luck! o.O

Did you ever stop??? I have been bleeding since January 1!!

Did your bleeding stop? Just about everything you said sounds like my situation. I don't want a hysterectomy. I'm just so frustrated.