I'm 32 yrs old.  Female.  I have been having issues with my face for a while but nothing to much to worry about.  Two months ago, I got a terrible "rash" on my cheeks and eyes.  I thought it was because I used a make up brush that needed to be cleaned.  I peeled really bad for days after the swelling went down.  I went to the dermatologist to see if I could get some anwers.  I got a patch test on my back for 3 days.  A few things came positive.  Mostlly chemicals found in make up, shampoos, lotions etc.  I got rid off it all.  I got all 100% organic cosmetics.  I felt some relief for about a week, but my right eye was still a bit swollen.  It almost look like a bit by an ant.  Two weeks later, the swelling got a bit bigger only on my right eye lid.  By the next morning, I scared myself, my right away was sooo swollen it had rolls of skin and the eye was hardly opened.  My right cheek & chin were red and itchy. Once the redness and swelling went down, the skin got so dry it just peeled off really nasty.

I went to an allergiest, he did the first test on my back of foods and stuff like that.  It all came back negative. He sent me to get some blood work.

A day before my appt he called me to urge me to call my primary doctor to get medicine since my thyroid was way too high.  It is at 11.90%.  I asked him what the normal level should be and he said .40 or .50.  I went to my primar doctor the next day.  He was not concern to even look at my face.  He just prescribed me thyroid medicine which I stated taking last Friday.  He also sent me to get an ultra sound on my thyroid since it is also creating antibodies.  I won't get the results for a few weeks.  :-(  

My eyes look so old and wrinkly.  Yesterday I peeled off really bad all over my face and my eyes look semi normal.  I thought maybe I was on the road to recovery but NO.  I woke up with a bit of swelling on my left eye mostlly and red all over my cheeks and on top of my left eye brow.  I am so over this happening.  I have been extremely careful what I eat, what I put on my face etc.. 

Can this really be related to my thyroid?

I also went to a Chinese doctor two months ago.  He told me my kidneys and liver are not functioning well.  He sent me some concentrated teas and pills.    I did feel better and some of my other health issues went away. I wonder if all of the teas did move stuff within my kidneys and liver that caused this reaction? I also wonder if I should go back to him and spend a bit more $ to see if helps with this reaction on my face.  The teas and pills are bit expensive and that is why I stopped it. 

Does anybody have any ideas of opinions. Thank you !!!

One day my 12 year old woke up with a rash on his face around his mouth and his face was swollen. His stomach had cramps and diareah, he was throwing up as well. We took him to the doctors, who thought he was having a food allergie. We belived it was from a Mango. All Mangos have been removed from the house. Its been over a week and his rash went away but the swelling in his face and around his right eye have gotten worse. We keep taking him to the doctors who tested his blood and said he was not allergic to Mango or anything else.  Now he is on a high does of predisone (steroids).  He looks like he has been in a fight. Has anyone had this happen to them?  No new foods or detergents and the child stays in the house 100% of the time so what is going on with my child. He was a healthy child till this all happened. Help any feed back would be appreciated..

could there also be a bacterial cause like impetigo? Though this is primarily found in children, I have had it as an adult - it was like leprocy on my face. I also have a thyroid disorder and sometimes I wake up with a very puffy upper eyelid. My guess is that the eyelid is related to your thyroid and the red pealing itchy skin is bacterial.