Hello. I'm 34 year old male and I would like to become more informed about some aspects of health.
You see, several times in these last couple of months, a close friend told me that he has problems with recurring painful swollen lymph node in his armpit. I have never thought it could be something serious nor did he! About a week ago he has contacted his doctor for the first time and doctor was very serious about it. He has done a lymph node biopsy to determine what could be the exact cause.
My friend got pretty scared because doctor mentioned that there are several malignant conditions such as Non-Hodgkin’s lymphomas that could be connected with recurring lymph nodes swelling.
Please, if someone knows maybe more about this- feel free to write about it!

Hello. I'm very sorry that your friend developed this potentially serious condition. But, on the other hand, I don’t improve what he did. He had to contact his GP much earlier to determine the right diagnosis. Lymph node swelling is often sign of some trivial inflammation in the body but, if the swelling is chronic than the person should contact doctor as soon as possible.
His doctor told him right. Swollen lymph nodes could be a sign of Non-Hodgkin’s lymphomas. Non-Hodgkin's lymphoma is a disease in which cancer cells form in a person's lymphatic system and start to grow.
The signs and symptoms of non-Hodgkin's lymphoma vary from person to person depending on the type of lymphoma and where a tumor is located. Only good thing is that in this type of lymphomas, the lymph nodes are usually painless.

I am a 28 year old female who has been experiencing painful lumps in my armpit, they start under the skin and then eventually come out and drain. the pain is very high. I went to the doctor and was told that it's just from shaving and deodorant. After going to the doctor I have had 2 more of these painful large lumps. I'm not sure why I keep getting these and how to avoid more reoccurrences.

my wife has been getting these reoccuromg red large bumps in her arm pits. started bout 2 months back, she saw her doctor for them 3 times now and the first two visits he drained them. Today was her third visit and he suppects it is a swollen lymph node. He put her on anti biotics and she goes to an infectious diease secialist in a couple days. Find out for sure after blood work n labs. what it is. N ill post what we find out. 

I have the same thing. I am on my third course of Anti biotics in 2 months. Blood work looked good.

Could be hidredanitis supperativa

You are a good friend. I'm sure you found out by now and I hope it was not cancer. I had Lymphoma and am currently in remission. I hope everything worked out. If you have any questions, I could help you.

Please help my daughter who is 12 gets these very painful reoccurring large lymph nodes once a month, she continuously has lower back ache close to the kidneys and cry's from pain every night and she get chest pains in her lungs PLEASE HELP IM NOT SURE WHATS GOING ON

MERSA, I believe is what you are dealing with

Mupuricin ointment is what I put on them when I start to feel them. It's a bacterial infection. You need to take her to see a doctor asap.

I know this is an old threat, but did you ever find out what was wrong with her?

I would definately take her in right away to the doctor. She needs a ct at the very least. They may do an xray first which is how they found my mass. I had night sweats a horrible cough that would make you pee yourself and nearly throw up, out of breath very easy, itchy, and horrible left rib/neck pain. Was so bad went to chiropractor and wasted a lot of money. My nerves were presses by the softball tumor wrapped around my heart. I had 2 months left without treatment. please dont panic, but do not ignore. Best wishes, Janet