A friend of mine is learning to be a homeopath and keeps talking about this. While I am very interested, I am also very sceptical. She keeps talking about serial dilution and how homeopathy is misunderstood. Frankly, I don't see how homeopathy could work, even with a wild imagination, as the herbs they use are so diluted. Water can hardly take on the form of a herb, as my friend claims.

While I tend to agree with you that it is pretty unlikely homeopathy can work, I also have experience with taking homeopathic remedies and I found them to actually work. They say that can all be due to the placebo effect, which is true, but I even gave homeopathic pills to my son to help him with teething, and I am pretty sure a nine month old kid doesn't know anything about the placebo effect so... Once you have seen it with your own eyes, you might think differently.