I have a problem and I want to share it with someone. About my early fifties, I started to develop hot flushes, which worried me a lot. I could not believe what was happening to me, although I knew it is normal in menopause. Now when I had to realize it became my problem as well, I want to hear more about it. Can you tell me more about problem with hot flush that happens during menopause?

The hot flush is the classic menopausal symptom, and it is the most visible outward sign of underlying hormonal upheaval. First, you have to know that menopause is defined as the time when the last period ends. However, in reality, hormonal changes and menopausal symptoms often last for several years. These years are called the menopausal transition, and you might notice symptoms such as hot flush. Menopause is triggered when the ovaries run out of eggs, as they are destined to do since girl’s birth. A baby girl is born with a finite supply of up to half a million immature egg cells in her ovaries. Menopause is signaling the depletion of egg stocks, and it usually arrives between the ages of 45 and 55. It can be earlier, especially after chemotherapy, radiation therapy, or surgical removal of the ovaries. In these cases, the brain mistakenly thinks the body is too hot, and puts into action heat losing mechanisms. In hot flush, the blood vessels in the limbs dilate, and skin temperature rises. Some women reported just hotness in the face, or some women have total body heat. Women in menopause go red, they start sweating, and they are dripping under their armpits.