Hello everyone. I have one really important thing to ask you. I am 43 years old lady, proud mom of two beautiful boys. I had my first heart attack 7 years ago and since that day I am having a lot of problems with my heart. A lot of heart issues made me to leave my job and now I am at home, trying to do some business on my own. Well, my biggest problem is because I can’t learn circular breathing whatever I do. I told my doctor that I have learn it, but I didn’t. Can you tell me how can a heart patient learn circular breathing?

Hello guest. It is not a bad idea to leave your job in this case, especially if this job is stressful and if you cannot be relaxed not even one day. Dealing with heart problems is very hard and I trust me I know how this hard can be.

It is very important to learn circular breathing. I suppose that your doctor should teach you more about this, but since he didn’t we are here to help you.

But first I need to know do you have any problems with “regular” breathing or not? How do you breath now, hard or normally?

Hey there Ashley. Thank you for your quick response. I am in here whole day waiting for someone to answer me and now I am happy that I found someone who understands me. My doctor didn’t explained to me about this. He told me that it would be nice if I know how to breathe circular. I was looking for some tutorials on the internet, but I don’t understand it at all. About your question, I am breathing so well so far. Sometimes I have some pain in my chest, but it is gone soon. Does this means anything?
Tnx

Hey there. You are welcome.

Now, since you still have some breathing issues, maybe you really should give your best and try to learn to breathe circular. I haven’t tried it yet, but some people told me that this is not that hard to learn.

Here is what you need to do. When you breathe circular you need to use the air in your cheeks to power your blood. You inhale through your nose and at least partially fill up your lungs with air to maintain a constant sound. Those who are playing wind instruments do this as well.

Hey everyone. Well I had exactly the same problem like you did. And you know what I can tell you? I was really bored with all those people who were telling me that it is not that hard to learn to breath at this way, that they don’t know how I can’t do this, etc. You know what I did? I took the classes and I learned to play saxophone. You can laugh to me, but thanks to this now I do understand what circular breathing means and I do know how to breathe circular. And now I can tell you that it is hard at the beginning but later it is very easy.

Hey everyone,

I just read your posts and I thought that learning circular breathing is probably something very easy. Then I researched a bit on the internet and tried it out myself and I have to tell you, I don't know how is this even possible. I understand why you have trouble learning it, Guest.

Maybe you should take the advice that lora gave you, it's not funny at all, it makes perfect sense. Try to learn to play one of wind instruments. When you start taking classes there, you will have to learn circular breathing. It's got to be the best way.

Hi everybody,

Stradivarius, people are saying that they can't learn circular breathing, you read that and you still thought that it's easy? Well, now you know for sure how hard that can be.

You are not a rare case, Guest, a lot of people can't learn circular breathing on their own. I know that in my city, the hospital offers classes for those who can't learn it on their own. I'm not sure if hospitals in other countries do the same thing since this is a little strange, it's not even supposed to be done, the people from the hospital just thought that it would be a nice thing to do.

Hi everybody,

That is so nice from the people of your hospital. I wish we had that here, I was really struggling with learning circular breathing, I think it took me about a month of practicing to figure it out.

When I was supposed to learn circular breathing, I tried with online videos first. That didn't work out and I had no idea what I was doing. Then, a friend of mine told me that she had a friend who already knows it so she introduced us and he helped me to learn circular breathing. I tried on my own for about 20 days, 10 days with him and then I got a hold of it.